The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro Flash: calling out to Nissin

Knorp

Nissin has a 'new' Macro Ring Flash MF18, but unfortunately only available for the usual suspects.
Twice I have sent a inquiry about their support for the A7-series, but thus far no reaction. Also, asking via a large retailer here in Holland was to no avail.
Anybody else interested in this flash ? Any idea how to 'push' Nissin ?

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Sony ought to take it up since their own flash department is even less stellar than some of their other shortcomings.

Knorp

Sony ought to take it up since their own flash department is even less stellar than some of their other shortcomings.
Sony has two macro flashes, HVL-RL1 fitting only to 49 and 55 mm threads ( I'm looking for 60 or 62 mm) and then there is this very expensive HVL-MT24AM.

So that's why I'm eyeing with great interest this Nissin MF18 ... :bugeyes:

V

Vivek

Bart, I was convinced a long time ago that various departments of Sony do not communicate with each other (I would recommend one of the social networks for them if they are stifled by their management to keep quiet). There is a prevalent cybershot mentality that needs to disappear. They need to focus on a system (one system that has this E mount that is now called Alpha).