I tried the moire brush in LR (just using your screenshot) and could completely eliminate the moire colors. It still left the pattern, though. Like so...
I would then try applying/painting on a second brush to the lighter areas of the pattern, and reduce their exposure so they match the surrounding areas. (alternately, you could use Photoshop's dodge/burn tools to match them.)
Tedious, but it might save the shot.
I also tried Capture One, which did a similar job, with the pattern still visible.
Both these techniques will doubtless work better with the real file ;-)
3 Member(s) thanked for this post
Thanks Mike, I also found patience is a virtue. I tried the moire brush again since in my raw file it didn't achieve anything while your work on the jpg showed a much larger effect.
And after waiting about 2 minutes suddenly the screen "popped" and the moire was gone. Also there is no more pattern like your post showed, that's probably because I'm working on the raw file and you tried it on the jpg screenshot. So your effort definitely put me in the right direction. The Moire brush is either very processor hungry or my machine is too lean, but the file is repairable.
My Pics2 Member(s) thanked for this post1 Member(s) liked this post
My Pics1 Member(s) liked this post