The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Today's Lightroom CC update seems a little crashy

ShooterSteve

Has anyone upgraded on Yosemite and had any problems. I tend not to upgrade to new apple software for at least a few months after release.
After reading more posts elsewhere on this upgrade (or maybe more to the point downgrade) it would appear best to avoid it until sorted.
I updated all my Adobe apps and have had no issues as all processing a few large jobs last week. As a rule I never update my OS until all the software I depend on is proven to work with it. Capture One and tethering with LR or whatever, seem to be the most issue prone when major OS updates are released. And when I do upgrade I usually keep a bootable drive with me the the last OS just in case problems arise. It's so easy to do with OS X and it's a great safety net to have on location. Yosemite works just fine so I don't see any rush to upgrade. YMMV...

dandrewk

LR 6.1.1 worked fine with Yosemite. It was only when Adobe released LR 6.2 last week that problems arose. It was quickly fixed with 6.2.1.

Godfrey

There are a LOT of unhappy Lightroom users sending in comments, that are being merged into this thread:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photo...tm_campaign=reply_like&utm_content=topic_link

Mine's in there too:

The update to Lightroom 6.2/6.2.1 is extremely disappointing in how you have destroyed the previous, very useful and logical Import experience. I used every one of its features since 2006 when I started using the Public Beta and have imported over a quarter of a million photos into LR since then. This new, dumber-than-stupid version of Import destroys three-quarters of my import workflows and fixes nothing - if the previous import experience was difficult for some, this one is impenetrable.

Select origin on one screen, set destination on another.
Select specific images to import ... horrible.
Settings hidden behind an options selection panel.
Can't see the end-to-end data flow in your import in a glance.
Can't do a Move.
Can't eject origin volume (cards) after import is finished.

Just plain awful. Fix it. I will keep using 6.1.1 until something better surfaces.
Voice your opinion to Adobe. If this isn't fixed, I'll make LR 6.1.1 as the last usable version and when it no longer runs, I'll move on to something else.

If they want to make Photos, well, fer gosh sake that comes free with every OS X computer and works better than this crap.

G
not at all happy with LR 6.2.x thus far

dandrewk

Adobe's latest update (6.3) restores the old import dialogue. Also some nice support for a certain new fixed lens camera from Sony. ;)