The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtländer to launch tiny E-mount lenses ? Full frame ?

V

Vivek

Let us see what transpires. The Cosina lenses, if "tiny", should be good on APS-C cams as the FF cams are getting bigger and bigger, suitable for the Cosina made Batii and the other bird line.

Pradeep

So the 10mm must be the widest FF lens available in non-fisheye format.

This is great news although 5.6 is too slow for night photography, but if the overall lens size/heft is small it would make a great addition to an increasingly useful lineup.

Right now, if fast action or long zoom is not your need, the A7 system is pretty much the best camera out there.

Annna T

voigtlaender announces e-mount lenses

• 10 mm F 5,6 Hyper-Wide-Heliar
• 12 mm F 5,6 Ultra-Wide-Heliar
• 15 mm F 4,5 Super-Wide-Heliar

Nice!

Looks like I'll be re-buying the 12mm for the 4th time.
Are those lenses really for FF ? they are so wide.. They seem more adapted for APSC format. The 10mm could be interesting for astrophotography, if it wasn't so slow. I guess that is the price to pay to get compact lenses. But they are one stop slower than I expected.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
So the 10mm must be the widest FF lens available in non-fisheye format.

This is great news although 5.6 is too slow for night photography, but if the overall lens size/heft is small it would make a great addition to an increasingly useful lineup.

Right now, if fast action or long zoom is not your need, the A7 system is pretty much the best camera out there.
Hoping in a few weeks Sonys lens announcements address the long.

I'm not going to replace my 15 version III with the FE mount but have to say for the money not much would touch the 15mm it's that darn good. The 12mm will get upgraded to the Version III which the A7RII will handle wonderfully and the 10 is brand new. So overall maybe slightly slow these are some nice additions to the FE line which seems to be growing daily. If the prices stay around 800 these will be nice bargains .

biglouis

Disappointed that there is no 21mm - this is beginning to be a real hole in the FE range.

There may be an announcement about a 21mm Loxia in the offing next week according to SAR.

Even so I would prefer a 21mm Batis.

Making do with the CV 21 Ultron but not optimal.

Ho-hum.

LouisB

V

Vivek

Disappointed that there is no 21mm - this is beginning to be a real hole in the FE range.

There may be an announcement about a 21mm Loxia in the offing next week according to SAR.

Even so I would prefer a 21mm Batis.

Making do with the CV 21 Ultron but not optimal.

Ho-hum.

LouisB
They are all made by Cosina. Only different tags. :D

jfirneno

I rented the 12mm M mount on my A7S and it compared very favorably to the Sigma 12-24 in a-mount. I'll get either the 12mm or the 10mm depending on the quality of the latter. Having a native e-mount super wide angle is a dream that I didn't even imagine would happen this soon. It's a little slow but so nice and small. And with the high ISO capability of the A7S it becomes quite attractive for night sky use.

4season

"Slow" lenses? Don't worry, the A7R Mk III will probably do a clean ISO 1M+ :) Only reason for large-aperture optics anymore is for shallower DOF (but mostly for bragging rights!)

Knorp

How would this work ...

If enabled the camera changes automatically in magnifying mode during focusing which allows highest accuracy.
All lens-relevant data such as focal length, aperture and focal distance are transmitted to the camera.
This data is shown in the view finder/display and used for metering and image stabilisation.
Pretty cool !

biglouis

They are all made by Cosina. Only different tags. :D
I know that. But only the Loxia and Batis meter without having to physically stop down.

I would be interested to know if these lenses have intelligence or whether they are just the existing lenses on an E mount.

EDIT: OK, I see they are intelligent. I don't wish to troll but it is a damn shame there is no 21mm!

LouisB

J

JohnW

Are those lenses really for FF ? they are so wide.. They seem more adapted for APSC format. The 10mm could be interesting for astrophotography, if it wasn't so slow. I guess that is the price to pay to get compact lenses. But they are one stop slower than I expected.
I'm confused, too. They appear to be offering the same lens in E-mount and M-mount -- APS-C and FF. What am I missing here?

pegelli

I'm confused, too. They appear to be offering the same lens in E-mount and M-mount -- APS-C and FF. What am I missing here?
They all seem to be FF. What's new vs. the adapted M mount version is EXIF contacts with focal length, aperture and focus distance as well as the possibility to trigger automatic focus magnification by turning the focus ring.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
voigtlaender announces e-mount lenses

• 10 mm F 5,6 Hyper-Wide-Heliar
• 12 mm F 5,6 Ultra-Wide-Heliar
• 15 mm F 4,5 Super-Wide-Heliar

Nice!

Looks like I'll be re-buying the 12mm for the 4th time.
I own Mike's 3rd copy:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: of the 12mm. 12mm seems pretty wide on full-frame. I would wait to see what can be done with 10mm. I just hope that they got our hint at Voigtlander and don't put a fixed hood on these (but I doubt it.)