The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 21mm Loxia will be available starting December 2015

nsng

The Zeiss 21mm Loxia has been announced and will be available starting December 2015, http://lenspire.zeiss.com/en/zeiss-loxia-2-821-wide-angle-jewel-for-full-frame-mirrorless/

miska

Oh no ! Now you have to choose between the Loxia 21mm and the Milvus with an adapter. Both MF, one is significantly heavier and beefier (the Milvus) than the other. But which one is the sharpest ?

Annna T

The Zeiss 21mm Loxia has been announced and will be available starting December 2015, http://lenspire.zeiss.com/en/zeiss-loxia-2-821-wide-angle-jewel-for-full-frame-mirrorless/
I think that the important word here is "starting" from December.

When were the Batis lenses supposed to be available ? "starting" from August ? I visited a brick and mortar shop, because none were available from my usual online shops.. Answer : may be in December, but not sure it will arrive before Christmas. Du hhh.. Zeiss is chasing too many things at once.

JoelM

Would like to see a comparison with the Samyang/Rokinon and find out what the extra $1000 brings.

Joel

biglouis

Well...

I know I should be pleased because I have complained long and hard about a lack of a good 21mm lens for the FE system.

And deep in my little black heart I'm happy it is a Loxia because not many people will want one which means those who do (maybe me) will probably be able to get one in December...

...unlike if it was a Batis lens which is what would make sense but then it would be near Leica-like in its impossibility to get hold of.

Which, imho, is weird product management but, hey, what do I know?

Just my two cents

LouisB

rjp85

Oh no ! Now you have to choose between the Loxia 21mm and the Milvus with an adapter. Both MF, one is significantly heavier and beefier (the Milvus) than the other. But which one is the sharpest ?
Since the Loxia is a new design, and optimized for the E mount, I'd put my money on the Loxia. The Milvus is the same as the Classic ZF/ZE 21mm.

jpaulmoore

I wish I hadn't seen this announcement :) I have the Batis 25mm on order from B&H and now I am reconsidering my order. I really don't need the auto focus because I will be primarily using the lens for landscapes and architecture. What's a guy (not you Guy) to do?
J. Paul

iiiNelson

I think I'm going to wait on the next Batis. I'm thinking that maybe we can expect an fastish 18 or faster 21 possibly with a 67mm filter thread size.