The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

DigitalSteve

Conflicting lens info Re: Rx1r2

From B & H site:
•2x Clear Image Zoom can be used to effectively double the magnification afforded by any lens in use with minimal image degradation. For even greater magnification, 1.4x and 2x Smart zoom is available, as well as 4x, 6.2 and 8x digital zoom.

The camera is supposed to have a FIXED 35mm f2 lens, but this 2x clear image sounds interesting. Since it says "afforded by any lens in use", maybe it was cut and pasted from another camera?

algrove

Go to B&H site and see interview with Sony tech. BTW, the firmware update for the RII has been released.
The update is to be released 19 Oct, I read.

As for the RX-1R2 is seems to now come with battery charger since the USB charger is still included, because on the "what's in the Box" it also lists a charger BC-DCX. I have on idea what that one is.

Jim DE

I'm with you on this one. I'll wait till the price hits the floorboards
Good luck with that idea Guy.... if it is anything like the pricing of the RX1 and RX1r (though it did take a bit of a drop for awhile on the auction site it then went up again once they realized a new model was delayed). For that type camera imo it has never hit my floorboard price new or used. Not saying it isn't a excellent camera because it is an exceptional camera but for my needs and wants it's far too much money for a fixed lens P&S style camera. The tilt screen and evf will make it more user friendly as a pocketable (albeit: a large pocket ;) )travel camera.

bipbip

I use an A6000 with the E20 lens. Every bit as small as the RX, has OS and is a LOT cheaper.
Same here. Great little camera. With the 20mm pancake I can stuff it in one jacket pocket and a 60mm Sigma in the other when I don't want to use the 16-70 Zeiss zoom.
What interests me with the full frame offering is the much smaller depth of field: f2 in 35mm versus f2.8 in Aps-C ...

Attachments

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Nex-5N (r, t) + E16, E20. Same lossy but without a premium.

Possibly the most responsive (least delay after pressing the shutter) of all Sony interchangeable cams.
Hopefully you are near a construction site ... multi exposure sounds like an impact wrench ... but loved the image and form factor....

NEX 5n

But looking forward to the RX1R II ... my RX1 and RX1R were fabulous.

Bob

V

Vivek

Yes, an APS-C cam with a BSI sensor and a silent shutter option is due.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The update is to be released 19 Oct, I read.

As for the RX-1R2 is seems to now come with battery charger since the USB charger is still included, because on the "what's in the Box" it also lists a charger BC-DCX. I have on idea what that one is.
It's the BX1 charger. I carry 4 batteries so I'd rather that there was a multi-battery charger so that I can charge two at once.
Sony Battery and Travel DC Charger Kit with NP-BX1 ACCTRDCX B&H

Better yet just pay the $30 and get yourself a couple of these. That's the approach I took with the A7 series cameras. No point getting all worked up over Sony being cheap with including battery chargers. Heck for $3k they should include a couple of batteries, a normal charger AND a USB charger!
Sony BCTRX Battery Charger BCTRX B&H Photo Video

stephen.s1

Re-thinking this... I can't really imagine hand holding this 42mp box without the aid of IBIS. I do like my RII because it has a fine IBIS.

olegkin

I just rented rx1 for a week and had a lot of fun with it. Images, controls and size of camera were beyond great. Despite of all the fun rx1 had plenty of shortcomings. Looks like Sony fixed ALL issues I found except for a short battery life.

If I ever going to have two full frame camera setup again one of them will be rx1[r2] or similar.
After all I had 35mm lens on one body pretty much 100% of time on my Canons.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re-thinking this... I can't really imagine hand holding this 42mp box without the aid of IBIS. I do like my RII because it has a fine IBIS.
Well it is a heck of a lot smaller to hold steady too. I bet you could get really close to the RII with IBIS on.

"big question is what is leica is going to do?" --msadat

Yes. Loyal as I've been, and as much as I like the way Leicas feel in my hands, I'm afraid they're not going to be able to keep up. An A7rII has replaced my Monochrom, and this may replace my M-E. I'm afraid the present Q and the forthcoming SL will outdo Sony's offerings only in the market for jewelry.

Anyway, the name of the new model is interesting: how many upper and lower case R's and how many Arabic and Roman numerals will it take to reach "R2"? :)

Kirk

Last edited:

lambert

big question is what is leica is going to do?
A Herme's edition Q. After all, this is their target audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Followed by Safari edition Q.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Followed by Safari edition Q.
And then the Lenny Kravitz edition. They'll be busy indeed :)

I "had" an RX1r. I really did like it...but the continuous/tracking AF was weak. So if the new one is decent since it has the hybrid setup same as A7 series that could make things interesting. The optic is awesome.

I looked at it as a great backup camera to a nikon/canon system. Perhaps something to take with you when you really don't want to take a camera.

And even better...a backup to MF tech cameras since it takes up so little room in a bag. Hauling MF gear usually means other cameras get left at home...

But yeah...price is a little rough. Sony A6000 seems like a great compact camera for the money. Good AF too.

Jordan

Uaiomex

The first thing that came to my mind after the initial awe was that a built-in flash was missing. Sorry.
The A6000 with a substantially quieter shutter would be the perfect wedding and street camera. Yes, not necessarily silent, just a lot quieter.
My 6D with EFC on is way quieter than the A6000 and it is a reflex.
Eduardo
_DSC1808bn.jpg

I "had" an RX1r. I really did like it...but the continuous/tracking AF was weak. So if the new one is decent since it has the hybrid setup same as A7 series that could make things interesting. The optic is awesome.

I looked at it as a great backup camera to a nikon/canon system. Perhaps something to take with you when you really don't want to take a camera.

And even better...a backup to MF tech cameras since it takes up so little room in a bag. Hauling MF gear usually means other cameras get left at home...

But yeah...price is a little rough. Sony A6000 seems like a great compact camera for the money. Good AF too.

Jordan

psy501

..as i own a a7r and an a7 i have the guts to write the following in the sony section of this forum..:cool:..: i would like to have the technology of the rx1r2 in the form factor and with the dials and bells and whistles of a fuji x100t..i went to do some landscape photography last month and was surprised by the "analog feel" of using the fuji (but of course it cant mess with the picture quality of the a7(r)..even though ist not bad at all for 16mp etc..which is why nevertheless i took the more "serious" shots with the sonys, of course)..

..put the technology of the rx1r2 in a retro styled body, give it ovf and evf, pair it with a fine lens (which the 35/2 undoubtedly is, maybe a little less depth would be fine just for handling) and you also reach a broad margin of leica users..

..just my 2 c..:thumbup::eek: