The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

Lucille

Seriously if I had the money I would be before all of you. LOL

Anyone want a one on one workshop for a Rx1RII. LOL Its about all i can offer right now. Im not really joking here.

You think you can help me take a decent image for once..... huh Daddy-o?

Chris C

The RX1 ... have 16:9. .... the aspect ratio results in both the screen and the EVF showing the cropped image only. The image preview in the Finder also shows the cropped image. In PS/ACR, the cropped image shows, but if you select the Crop Tool, the full image is there, with the 16:9 crop showing. It looks like a good implementation to me............
Arjuna – Thank you for your helpful reply, if a similar implementation is in the Rx1r2 I'm a little disappointed [I would have preferred a 'baked' crop]. I might need to ask my question again when the camera is in users hands.

................ Chris

Tim

It's amazing how close the RX-100 is to the RX1 in size! I am always amazed at what Sony has managed to do with the Rx1. Great comparison.

And my preorder is in! :grin:
It really is quite small considering the IQ it can deliver.
Likewise I have gravitated toward the Sigma Merrills and the Ricoh GR as they are also a lot of detail in a small box.

I'm posting gear for sale as we type to get maybe an old skool RX1r even.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I'm in. Spent ages wondering whether to go for the Leica Q or the RX1R2 and finally jumped for the Sony, though what I would really like is the Sony sensor in the Leica body - better EVF and more useful 28mm lens, allowing significant virtual zooming via all those extra pixels. But the use case for the camera will be hiking where really light weight is needed, and as a travel companion to the RX100 IV.

Will report back when it arrives.

V

Vivek

Tim, I can very well understand your tribulations but I had no idea that the RX100 iV needed a companion. :grin:

JCT

I'm in. Spent ages wondering whether to go for the Leica Q or the RX1R2 and finally jumped for the Sony, though what I would really like is the Sony sensor in the Leica body - better EVF and more useful 28mm lens, allowing significant virtual zooming via all those extra pixels. But the use case for the camera will be hiking where really light weight is needed, and as a travel companion to the RX100 IV.

Will report back when it arrives.
They are a great combo - when I travel on business my RX1R and Rx-100 both come along. They complement each other very well.

dandrewk

What do you Rx1 folks do for remote triggers, since the accessory port is not included with the RX series?

I am used to using the release on my A7rII for stealth street photography. Using a stiff threaded cable release screwed into the shutter button makes it much harder and unwieldy.

I see the Rx1rII supports PlayMemories app, which means I should be able to use my iPhone to trigger the shutter. Hmm...

Brian Mosley

It's amazing how close the RX-100 is to the RX1 in size! I am always amazed at what Sony has managed to do with the Rx1. Great comparison.

And my preorder is in! :grin:
Lol, I'm actually more amazed by what Sony has managed to do with the Rx100 m4. :bugeyes:

I'm struggling to justify adding the RX1RII to my kit... I'll probably spend the budget on 3 or more Rx100 series upgrades over the next 3 years :grin:

Good luck everyone, I'm sincerely happy and excited for you all - and looking forward to seeing the 'fun with RX1RII' thread take off on due course :clap:

Kind regards

Brian

algrove

What do you Rx1 folks do for remote triggers, since the accessory port is not included with the RX series?

I am used to using the release on my A7rII for stealth street photography. Using a stiff threaded cable release screwed into the shutter button makes it much harder and unwieldy.

I see the Rx1rII supports PlayMemories app, which means I should be able to use my iPhone to trigger the shutter. Hmm...
Good to know the A7RII has fitment for a cable release. I never realized that.

dandrewk

It does not. You have not deciphered his post, Lou. :poke:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The RX1 doesn't have the "multi port", so there's no place for an electronic shutter release. It does have a threaded shutter button for the "old school" type shutter release. The problem is, these cables are not very flexible.

Another option (besides a wireless remote via iPhone) are the bulb type releases, which uses air pressure. The cables are much more flexible.

eleanorbrown

Showing a few examples shot with my RX1r....one of my all time favorite cameras.....really. Can do just about anything I need to shoot.....tripod mounted, street shooting, can keep in a large pocket. I've ordered the RX1rII....this camera upgrade, in my opinion, is worth selling equipment for. Examples RX1r.....First three, in Colorado...last three in Russia. Lens very sharp wide open.....Will be nice to have a built in EVF too on the II version.....Eleanor

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

V

Vivek

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The RX1 doesn't have the "multi port", so there's no place for an electronic shutter release. It does have a threaded shutter button for the "old school" type shutter release. The problem is, these cables are not very flexible.

Another option (besides a wireless remote via iPhone) are the bulb type releases, which uses air pressure. The cables are much more flexible.
How about just squeezing the shutter button with a finger? :)

No one really cares when you carry a camera out on the streets (I am serious. This applies only when a Sony cam is involved. Some iconic cams do attract attention.) It is almost always the shooter who is uncomfortable and wants to be "stealthy".

dandrewk

How about just squeezing the shutter button with a finger? :)

No one really cares when you carry a camera out on the streets (I am serious. This applies only when a Sony cam is involved. Some iconic cams do attract attention.) It is almost always the shooter who is uncomfortable and wants to be "stealthy".
I'm not in the least bit intimidated. Nevertheless, I disagree that "no one really cares". They do, and when they do, they react. Very rarely, if ever, is this reaction "negative". My issue - it then stops becoming street photography and instead turns into portraiture. If that is what you seek, that's fine. It's not what I want to do. Even Cartier Besson rarely raised his camera to eye level.

This issue rages on whenever the subject of street photography techniques come up. My post was in regard to remote releases for the thread subject.

jim251

^^^ There's an app called "touchless shutter" for the a7r2 that will probably work on the rx1r2 - you just wave your hand past the evf sensor. Haven't had a use for it yet but it works great. Hope this helps.

Brian Mosley

^^^ There's an app called "touchless shutter" for the a7r2 that will probably work on the rx1r2 - you just wave your hand past the evf sensor. Haven't had a use for it yet but it works great. Hope this helps.
Won't people wave back at you? just, kidding - must try that app on my rx100.

Thanks

Brian