The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

bipbip

There's an app called "touchless shutter" for the a7r2 that will probably work on the rx1r2 - you just wave your hand past the evf sensor. Haven't had a use for it yet but it works great.
It's also available on the a6000. It's way too sensitive and not much use for walking on the streets. The only use I can think for it is if the camera is placed on a café table and you don't want anyone to know you're taking pictures with it. Tripod work would be the best way to make use of it.

jim251

Yes they do. :)

(The app isn't for real life use as is the case with most of the playstation apps.)
"Wave" was probably a poor word choice but you get the idea...

I agree on useless for street but IMO it's a useful alternative to the 2-sec delay that I almost always use when on a tripod...

Wait... Upon further thought, if you're really into the stealth thing you could even have your right hand in your pocket and just bringing the camera in to your chest would trigger the evf switch and *snap*, 40 more MB for your hard drive! Hmmm...

eleanorbrown

I have ALWAYS been uncomfortable with street shooting but I think it's fun in the right places....in Russia I mostly shot from the hip so to speak...not always but mostly. Also I had my Rx1r without the viewfinder and took off my RRS grip and tripod base attachment so it was tiny and less conspicuous. I have shot at farmers markets in Colorado and was asked to stop as they were afraid I was gong to sell my photos so others could " copy" their designs...clothing, etc etc. Eleanor

karlfoto

When someone with the ricoh gw-3 and the new rx1rii runs a test of the combo, I would love to see the results at f8,f11.

Thanx.

photomadnz

Ive got a Rx1r and I have a GW-3 at work so I can shoot you something in a couple of days when Im back. You looking to see what corners etc are like? (so I can shoot something specific)

When someone with the ricoh gw-3 and the new rx1rii runs a test of the combo, I would love to see the results at f8,f11.

Thanx.

karlfoto

Hi Photomadnz

Thanx for your help. I already have some images that were shot with that combo. What I am looking to see is how the GW-3 handles the bigger sensor, and yes the comers would be where it might fall down.

Karl

photomadnz

Im confused. I said I had a RX1 and access to a GW3 and you say you already have images from that combo?

Hi Photomadnz

Thanx for your help. I already have some images that were shot with that combo. What I am looking to see is how the GW-3 handles the bigger sensor, and yes the comers would be where it might fall down.

Karl

dandrewk

What do you Rx1 folks do for remote triggers, since the accessory port is not included with the RX series?

I am used to using the release on my A7rII for stealth street photography. Using a stiff threaded cable release screwed into the shutter button makes it much harder and unwieldy.

I see the Rx1rII supports PlayMemories app, which means I should be able to use my iPhone to trigger the shutter. Hmm...
Apparently, the RX1rII does support the wired, electronic remote that works for the A7 series. That makes things a lot easier.

Mr. Thompson

For those of you with grip questions, may I suggest that the new rear LCD could explain the extra body depth, like the RX100 series? The RX1 grips and plates may fit the new camera just fine. Hanging on to my RRS grip until the RX1Rii arrives. The same goes for my RX1r as I had sellers remorse after my M9 left. At least it went to a far more gifted photographer!

Smoothjazz

I rented an Rx1r from Lensrentals, to see if this may be the camera for me. I obtained some great images, just focusing on photographing my wife and daughter. The image quality was amazing, and the camera is so intuitive. So I have sold my A7r and 35mm lens, and placed my order. I can't wait to see what the new camera can do.

dandrewk

Good news! Adobe's recent update (version 6.3) now supports the RX1rII.

For some downloads from the new camera, including RAW files, includes a folder with uncompressed RAW:

ftp://rawdata.slrclub.com/compact/sony/1511_RX1RII/

You may need to log on as "guest". The files are slow to download. But they work, and indeed I can seen them in LR 6.3.

A quick review of these images. Wow. They have lost nothing of the "punch" from the first generation. Further review required for any improvements to IQ.

Good news! Adobe's recent update (version 6.3) now supports the RX1rII.

For some downloads from the new camera, including RAW files, includes a folder with uncompressed RAW:

ftp://rawdata.slrclub.com/compact/sony/1511_RX1RII/

You may need to log on as "guest". The files are slow to download. But they work, and indeed I can seen them in LR 6.3.

A quick review of these images. Wow. They have lost nothing of the "punch" from the first generation. Further review required for any improvements to IQ.
bah. download doesn't work for me.

dandrewk

bah. download doesn't work for me.
This is a site for a camera club in Korea. They originally posted their review with sample images a couple of days ago. Very soon after they removed the link to the sample images, but the files were still there for anyone who knew the link. Now, apparently, the files have been removed from the server.

I suspect Sony has a firm NDA with reviewers who receive the camera in advance of launch date.

V

Vivek

That is interesting! The local shop that claimed an earlier date (that passed last week) said 25th Nov as well.

That appears to be the release date set by Sony?

The wait for this camera is particularly painful. I've sold my RX1, have had some time with the Leica Q and now sit here lusting after the RX1RII. Not a superficial lust, but a deep burning desire to shoot the sh#t out of this new camera.

I have a trip to Iceland planned for mid December and plan to use the RX1RII as my primary tool. Both the trip and camera cannot come soon enough.