The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

Smoothjazz

I agree with you 100%- I am not good at taking a bulky camera and photographing people, especially strangers, but when I tried the Rx1R for a week, I took more 'spur of the moment' candid shots than I had taken in a long time. The small footprint of the camera makes it very non-intrusive. With i-Phone cameras everywhere, people do not notice, or are not intimidated by a small camera.
That, and the rapid auto focus makes this camera perfect for what I am looking for.

V

Vivek

You guys should try a Panasonic GM1 or 5. I am sure you would love it!

Tiny, quiet and cute.

This camera is really palm sized unlike the RX1.

teeraash

Played with the Q yesterday at the Leica Store, Bangkok. The guy told me to make a reservation and get in the waiting line for this camera if I want one. They even jack-up the price a little here. In less than 5 minutes, the Q hung up on me that I had to take the battery out. It seems a good idea to take EVF and live view out of the typ 262 so it would not hang like the Q or 240 with a forever half baked firmware. I quietly walked away to a Sony Store nearby and been told that the preorder for the RX1M2 hasn't started yet and they expect to have first shipment in December.

V

Vivek

Played with the Q yesterday at the Leica Store, Bangkok. The guy told me to make a reservation and get in the waiting line for this camera if I want one. They even jack-up the price a little here. In less than 5 minutes, the Q hung up on me that I had to take the battery out. It seems a good idea to take EVF and live view out of the typ 262 so it would not hang like the Q or 240 with a forever half baked firmware. I quietly walked away to a Sony Store nearby and been told that the preorder for the RX1M2 hasn't started yet and they expect to have first shipment in December.
Interesting. The Q has been available for purchase in every shop here. Prices are the lowest I have seen anywhere as well.

The RX1R II is expected next week.

JCT

FWIW, my Rx1RII pre-order at B&H just had a change in status to: "In stock, order sent to warehouse" , It used to be "On Order". I placed my order in the afternoon on the 5th.

Would be swell if it got here before Thanksgiving (actually, might be torture since I'm cooking for 17 and wouldn't get to touch it...).

JT

stephen.s1

I see that B&H has a UPS tracking number on my order.... Fingers crossed.

But wonder why there have been no early releases to the media.... Strange

dandrewk

FWIW, my Rx1RII pre-order at B&H just had a change in status to: "In stock, order sent to warehouse" , It used to be "On Order". I placed my order in the afternoon on the 5th.

Would be swell if it got here before Thanksgiving (actually, might be torture since I'm cooking for 17 and wouldn't get to touch it...).

JT
Mine switched from "on order" to "new order processing". I ordered early on the 5th. I'm really hoping for the camera by Thanksgiving.

dandrewk

I see that B&H has a UPS tracking number on my order.... Fingers crossed.

But wonder why there have been no early releases to the media.... Strange
Where was the tracking number? On the order status page? I ordered very soon after it was available, but no tracking info yet.

JCT

Where was the tracking number? On the order status page? I ordered very soon after it was available, but no tracking info yet.
I ordered several other things with it - they all have tracking numbers as of this AM. But the Rx1rII says "In stock, order sent to warehouse". My guess is they are sticking to the 25 Nov ship date.

JT

eleanorbrown

Why in the world would they ship day before thanksgiving. ....at least in the US? I have overnight shipping and won't be home on Thursday (thanksgiving)....surely UPS doesn't deliver on a holiday any way so hopefully my delivery would arrive on Friday the 27th... Eleanor

dandrewk

Why in the world would they ship day before thanksgiving. ....at least in the US? I have overnight shipping and won't be home on Thursday (thanksgiving)....surely UPS doesn't deliver on a holiday any way so hopefully my delivery would arrive on Friday the 27th... Eleanor
I totally agree. I don't understand it. I talked with B&H this morning, and my order will be in the first shipment. I, too, went with overnight shipment. They also said they have the cameras in stock, but will hold shipping until the 25th.

So why arbitrarily hold shipment for a couple of days? This delays receipt for two days and (far more importantly) misses a huge holiday. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Arne Hvaring

Lots more real world samples now on DPR, may with RAW download links:

http://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/9715246082/sony-cyber-shot-rx1r-ii-sample-gallery

Hide your wallet before looking. I'm talking to you, Guy! ;)
I've been looking at those. Thankfully they are better than the lab-samples, but it seems that the lens is struggling a bit with the increased resolution. Som CA is clearly visible and DPR has a camera with a soft left-hand side at the wider apertures. Oh well, I'm not cancelling my preorder yet. By the time we get delivery on these shores, members here will no doubt have posted their impressions. Looking forward to that.