The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Example of A7II vs. A7RII

rondeb

Just about to pull the trigger on the A7RII but want to see what kind of detail difference I may gain. I've the A7II and like it, but coming from the M240 and Monochrom I don't want an AA filter. Can anyone post a couple examples that demonstrate an advantage?

Best,
Ron

Annna T

Just about to pull the trigger on the A7RII but want to see what kind of detail difference I may gain. I've the A7II and like it, but coming from the M240 and Monochrom I don't want an AA filter. Can anyone post a couple examples that demonstrate an advantage?

Best,
Ron
I only have an A7r, so no first hand experience to report. But you can always take a look at comparisons issued by the usual reviewers.

Here for instance a link to the traditional comparison scene of DPreview :

Sony Alpha 7R II Review: Digital Photography Review

(You can pick other cameras to compare, in particular the A7II that interests you)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I have both (and some ...) but I'm not home until the weekend. I'd be happy to shoot some comparison shots for both of our curiosities. Cameras feel very similar in use and I've been using them both for a while now, but never together.