The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tamron 35mm 1.8/Metabones and what Firmware

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have a Tamron 35mm 1.8 SP coming in Canon mount today with a Metabones T new adapter. I also have a 135 F2 used coming as well.

I just want to be clear what firmware I should be using for this Tammy.

Any help would be appreciated

V

Vivek

Guy, No idea what a Metabones T adapter is but would love to hear how you find the Tamron 35/1.8 lens. This is one I am very interested in.

Guy Mancuso

It's a version IV metabones . Just has better flocking the T version.

I'll be doing a full report on the Tammy. It's actually supposed to be better than the Sigma Art. For 600 dollars that's pretty impressive. It does have some CA wide open, so have to see what that's all about. That's a easy fix though

Annna T

The last firmware available for the Metabones EOS -> FE Smart adapter v. IV is 0.45 (I just updated the one I have just bought and which came with version 0.44. The explanations said that version fixes a problem where the body was seriously overexposing some shots. That bug was introduced by the previous update (0.44).

You can check the Metabones firmware version the same way you check for the body firmware version : it is in the same panel (5 or 6 in the rightmost tab of the menu, the one with the wallet icon). You need to mount both the adapter and a lens to view it.

I really had the overexposure problem with the 0.44 firmware and the TSE lenses.

Now which firmware you need for the Tamron ? I don't know.

With my older but sharp, light and compact 28-75mm F2.8 zoom in Canon mount the AF isn't supported neither with the smart adapter III, nor with the IV. The Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro (an older version without IS) was able to AF very slowly on the A7r and Metabones III. But don't AF anymore with the A7r2 and Metabones IV (that was with firmware 0.44)

Guy Mancuso

I just got my answer on FM. I have a blackout issue with .45. When I turn camera off than back on the aperture ring stays at F22. I have to release the lens twist off a little and it pops back open. I can revert back to .41 than reload to .44 and that will fix this issue. Other than that it's working nicely. Heading out in several hours and test it. A member is sending me .44

He ran into the exact same issue. To revert backwards . You hold the button when attaching to computer and it will revert back to previous version. This lens looks to be very nice.

scho

I'm interested in the Tamron 45mm 1.8. Do you know if the Sony A mount version is compatible with the LEA3 adapter?