The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens stuff next in line for my A7rII

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Thinking about things to come. I have a decent line of stuff for the A7rII:

• Sony 24-70/2.8ZA covers the normal zoom range (really good mostly but ugly at 70 mm)
  • Sony 70-400/4-5.6G covers the long end (great at 70 mm)
  • Sony 90/2.8G covers macro and high quality short tele
  • Canon 24/3.5 TSE LII gives wide angle with T&S capability, this lens was one of the main causes I went with the A7rII. My sample is not that great but makes a good job when needed.
  • The short end is lacking. Sometimes the Sigma 12-24/4.5-5.6 works great sometimes fails.

I may be interested in lightweight high quality primes

So here is what I think:

• That Loxia 21/2.8 looks great
  • The 55/1.8 Sonnar is interesting, too
  • The Loxia 35/2 may also be interesting
  • One of those Voigtländers for ultra wide

But in the short term:

• Right now I am waiting for DHL to deliver my Hcam Master TSII that I plan to use with my old Hasselblad lenses.
  • Next lens probably will be the Canon 16-35/4L. Why not the Sony 16-35/4? Well, I sort of feel Canon makes the better lenses, it costs less and can be used on the Master TSII.
  • I may consider pulling that Samyang 14/2.8 from the dustbin. It has a horrible distortion but it is actually very sharp.
  • An additional body for backup is also high on the priority list.

It is sort of time to consider money a finite asset, optimising costs versus benefits and prioritise travel over lens purchases. Also, time to consider selling of some older stuff.

Best regards
Erik