Lens stuff next in line for my A7rII
Thinking about things to come. I have a decent line of stuff for the A7rII:
- Sony 24-70/2.8ZA covers the normal zoom range (really good mostly but ugly at 70 mm)
- Sony 70-400/4-5.6G covers the long end (great at 70 mm)
- Sony 90/2.8G covers macro and high quality short tele
- Canon 24/3.5 TSE LII gives wide angle with T&S capability, this lens was one of the main causes I went with the A7rII. My sample is not that great but makes a good job when needed.
- The short end is lacking. Sometimes the Sigma 12-24/4.5-5.6 works great sometimes fails.
I may be interested in lightweight high quality primes
So here is what I think:
- That Loxia 21/2.8 looks great
- The 55/1.8 Sonnar is interesting, too
- The Loxia 35/2 may also be interesting
- One of those Voigtländers for ultra wide
But in the short term:
- Right now I am waiting for DHL to deliver my Hcam Master TSII that I plan to use with my old Hasselblad lenses.
- Next lens probably will be the Canon 16-35/4L. Why not the Sony 16-35/4? Well, I sort of feel Canon makes the better lenses, it costs less and can be used on the Master TSII.
- I may consider pulling that Samyang 14/2.8 from the dustbin. It has a horrible distortion but it is actually very sharp.
- An additional body for backup is also high on the priority list.
It is sort of time to consider money a finite asset, optimising costs versus benefits and prioritise travel over lens purchases. Also, time to consider selling of some older stuff.