The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mmmm.. That 21mm Loxia looks good

Viramati

So first thoughts are
1. The lens is surprisingly small
2. I would like to have a bit more focus-throw at the 2m to infinity end of the scale as it this would have made zone focussing a little easier
3. Bokeh wide open seems very smooth
4. IQ and build quality seem to be superb

Viramati

Thanks for the shots. Where did you get yours?
My longtime dealer (LCE in the Strand) for anything apart from Leica. I was first to order and they only got one in and they have no idea when more will arrive

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Why is it when we get a new toy it's crappy weather out. Lol

Keep them coming folks. I'll even let you post cat pictures. Oh my are we desperate now. Lol

drevil

Staff member
got mine on saturday in HK, went there for the weekend and was hoping to find a dealer who has it, wasnt to assured though.

third dealer i went to had 2, got three the day before. it was a no brainer and i am a happy bugger ever since.
the lens feels awesome, build quality is great and i cant confirm a problem with the hood someone mentioned. saying that its coming off easily and unwanted.

IQ, sharp sharp sharp and the bokeh wide open and closest focus distance is also good.
i think it was the right decision to take it over the batis 25.
i will get the batis 85mm for portraits later though.

happy happy joy joy

Viramati

got mine on saturday in HK, went there for the weekend and was hoping to find a dealer who has it, wasnt to assured though.

third dealer i went to had 2, got three the day before. it was a no brainer and i am a happy bugger ever since.
the lens feels awesome, build quality is great and i cant confirm a problem with the hood someone mentioned. saying that its coming off easily and unwanted.

IQ, sharp sharp sharp and the bokeh wide open and closest focus distance is also good.
i think it was the right decision to take it over the batis 25.
i will get the batis 85mm for portraits later though.

happy happy joy joy
My hood is fine when mounted for shooting it is just when it reversed in the storage position that it doesn't click into place

seb

After several weeks looking for a good reason not to buy it, I found only two: the price and no AF.

Jumped over the fence and ordered one.
Thank you all for cutting a hole into my wallet! :)

Edit: I should get it at the end of February...

Last edited: