The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Techart Contax G adapter, autofocus with Sony A7S

jhe1971

Hi!

Hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse here. I just would like to know how slow/fast/accurate is autofocus with the Techart Contax G adapter/A7S combination. The Contax G lens I'm mainly interested in is the 90/2.8.

I have an Oly 100/2.0 already, but it would be nice to have an autofocus tele lens also. Of course there are native options available: Sony 90/2.8 macro (wich is stellar but quite bulky) and Zeiss 85/1.8 (smaller but more expensive and hard to find). Contax G 90/2.8 is compact and would be much cheaper even with the adapter.

So, if anyone has experience of the combination mentioned above, could you please share your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Jyrki

V

Vivek

My take from that long thread that Annna refers to is that it is a dead end. Expensive adapter with very little return. i am not buying it.

Buy a real lens that will AF with Sony cams.

jhe1971

It isn't a dead horse, but there is already a long thread going on this subject with lots of info and it is better to keep everything in the same place.

Plus your question is already answered in that thread :

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/56289-techart-adapter-contax-g-question-3.html

(This links to page 3, from here you can go to page 1 and/or 2)

One message in particular gives a useful link to Chad's website.
Thanks. I read that thread but didn't find any information specific to A7S, maybe I wasn't looking close enough. But anyways, maybe this thread could be combined with that one....

jhe1971

My take from that long thread that Annna refers to is that it is a dead end. Expensive adapter with very little return. i am not buying it.

Buy a real lens that will AF with Sony cams.
Yes, the quality of the adapter doesn't indeed sound very promising...

Annna T

Thanks. I read that thread but didn't find any information specific to A7S, maybe I wasn't looking close enough. But anyways, maybe this thread could be combined with that one....
Why don't you ask your question in the thread I mentioned ? That would keep everything's nicely together. I'm not going to answer there. There is no point having two threads in the same subject.