The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm still with the RX1, and have been so for nearly three years now. The bokeh is not news Vivek... some other improvements are news indeed. I wish I had the money to upgrade and the images in this thread, together with the written words, make me think it's a matter of time. Maybe I can sell some Sound Devices and lenses and the car, lol. Congrats to the new camera!
I agree on the RX1, I'm frustrated waiting for my delayed RX1 II but I'm still happy with the one I have.

soon ...

Quentin_Bargate

Madge monsters it in London!

Madonnna at the 02 in London. Mostly at ISO 1600.

fixed 35mm lens not ideal, but resolution allows for cropping.

bipbip

I got mine yesterday from London Camera Exchange. After 18 months "training" on an a6000 I'm right at home with the RX1M2. Here is a shot at f2 with a screen grab at 100% for all who are interested - converted to DNG and opened in ACR as is and resized for GetDpi with no sharpening or anything else.
The little camera is a street shooter's perfect companion. I say little with a smile, as it's even smaller than the a6000, despite having a larger sensor.
I would say to Sony that their menu design department is not only poor but having seen the comparison between this one and the a6000; they're downright lazy! There are aspects that have simply been thrown into the menus straight from other cameras that have nothing to do with this model, resulting in unnecessary duplication, apart from the fact that it's probably the worst setup after the one on the NEX series.

Attachments

V

Vivek

I got mine yesterday from London Camera Exchange. After 18 months "training" on an a6000 I'm right at home with the RX1M2. Here is a shot at f2 with a screen grab at 100% for all who are interested - converted to DNG and opened in ACR as is and resized for GetDpi with no sharpening or anything else.
The little camera is a street shooter's perfect companion. I say little with a smile, as it's even smaller than the a6000, despite having a larger sensor.
I would say to Sony that their menu design department is not only poor but having seen the comparison between this one and the a6000; they're downright lazy! There are aspects that have simply been thrown into the menus straight from other cameras that have nothing to do with this model, resulting in unnecessary duplication, apart from the fact that it's probably the worst setup after the one on the NEX series.
Glad you got yours! :)

bipbip

The grab shot. The sort of thing one goes for with many a different camera, iPhone included. Ah but the magic of depth-of-field, or lack of, is the key to this little machine.
1/1000sec. f/2 ISO 2000 - I had the camera at waist level pointing in the general direction not looking at the finder or screen with face detection activated.
Market Girl.jpgMarket Girl 100pc.jpg

raist3d

@ Everyone in general - some very rich-DR shots in here! I just decided to skip on this camera, but man, those cropped shots make me pause if only for a second. :)

Quentin- those Madonna shots.. man. They look so tone-clean. And I actually like her as an artist (I take the whole package, not the singing alone), though I am not too happy with the latest work on CD.

Quentin- that shot of her playing the guitar alone- what effective resolution you got in the end out of the 42 MP? Thanks.

- Ricardo

Quentin_Bargate

@ Everyone in general - some very rich-DR shots in here! I just decided to skip on this camera, but man, those cropped shots make me pause if only for a second. :)

Quentin- those Madonna shots.. man. They look so tone-clean. And I actually like her as an artist (I take the whole package, not the singing alone), though I am not too happy with the latest work on CD.

Quentin- that shot of her playing the guitar alone- what effective resolution you got in the end out of the 42 MP? Thanks.

- Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

The size of the original cropped Madonna image is around 3095 x 2448 pixels.

Pretty heavy crop, but enough left for a decent 10 x 8 inch print at 300PPI!

raist3d

Quentin - thanks for the reply. Yeah, the shot you got which is ~8 MP's can sure be printed at that size with quality and even bigger.

- Ricardo

Please surprise us with more pictures! I thought a whole shipment of these cameras arrived, but only a few members seem to be posting images here. Maybe a very limited supply?

Or should we conclude that many were out-of-the-box failures, or that the files require endless post-processing? :angry::eek:

But many thanks to those who those who are showing their work! :)

Kirk