The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

Pradeep

OK, I'll play too. These were taken during my recent trip to India. Folk Dancers at night, mixed lighting. AWB, ISO 3200, f2, 1/200, autofocus on the dancer's face. I am amazed at the quick AF, great WB out of the box and sharp at f2.

GetDPI_RX2_1462.jpgGetDPI_RX2_1550.jpgGetDPI_RX2_1558.jpg

V

Vivek

Sony.nl sent me an email to review the rx1rII. I did and they got back saying they will not publish it and asked me to revise what I said. :bugeyes:

So here it is:
I have been using the cam everyday since I bought it.
The camera could have been priced better (than what i paid -€3,499). Yes, i will recommend sony products to others as they are innovative and sometimes they get it right.

Edit: The above is the un-revised version. Highly positive (AFAIC). I have no idea :wtf: is wrong with sony. I feel for those reps in their payroll.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Sony.nl sent me an email to review the rx1rII. I did and they got back saying they will not publish it and asked me to revise what I said. :bugeyes:

So here it is:
The camera could have been priced better (than what i paid -€3,499). Yes, i will recommend sony products to others as they are innovative and sometimes they get it right.

Edit: The above is the un-revised version. Highly positive (AFAIC). I have no idea :wtf: is wrong with sony. I feel for those reps in their payroll.

Excellent Vivek! Thanks! :thumbs:

V

Vivek

There was a demonstration against cruelty to animals/fur today. Just saw it as it was getting over.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, ISO6400, 1/13s, The Hague

The attached grip helped with the low shutter speed.

Another shot. (Bont = Fur)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, The Hague

Brian Mosley

So here it is:

Lol, what did they ask you to change? And how much did they offer to pay? :ROTFL:

You didn't even mention feeling it necessary to carry 7 batteries! :rolleyes:

Cheers Vivek

Brian

Brian Mosley

Thank heavens we still have one or two legitimate users willing to share their 'unrevised' experience, and a decent forum here on which to find them! :clap:

Let's hope that all camera companies learn to value this place for authentic feedback, rather than yet another outlet for marketing broadcasts :lecture:

This is a great forum :salute:

Cheers

Brian

dandrewk

It's been non stop here for several weeks. If it's not rainy, it's dark overcast and gloomy.

But, we need the rain, so can't really complain. Too much.

scho

First walkabout snaps with the new RX1RII. Hard to believe I'm packing 42 MP in that little camera hanging around my neck. Some visible coma and CA on high contrast edges when lens is wide open, but generally easy to deal with in post.

First two at f/8 and last two at f/2.

Bent tree

Weathered park office door.

New fence around carousel

Another bent tree

jim251

DC Metro at Foggy Bottom. The flip-screen on this camera is a dream that came true...

RX1Rm2, 1/15 sec, f/8, ISO 6400

scho

An example of the CA exhibited by the 35 Sonnar at f/2. Look at the two recessed lights in the ceiling over the sign and the fluorescent lights inside the store. First image is w/o CA correction and second includes LR CA and de-fringing corrections. Click image for larger version.