The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

V

Vivek

I am just using this as a true P&S cam that it is. Auto ISO, auto everything (most of the time), just point and shoot. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, f/3.2, 1/160s, ISO6400, Amsterdam

Super thrilled that I bought this camera.

Awesome! :thumbs:

JCT

I am just using this as a true P&S cam that it is. Auto ISO, auto everything (most of the time), just point and shoot. :)

Yup-- that's the amazing thing, you can take it anywhere and it can be used nearly effortlessly if you wish :D . I don't think I have ever reviewed the results of a walk around with my Rx1R without at least one "whoa" shot.

Took my Rx1RM2 for a walk in the Saguaro Natl Forest for awhile today. I'm still grinning re: the AF, the viewfinder was great in the bright sun and holy cow, the bokeh.

My Rx1R will be sold off next week.

JT

V

Vivek

Another admission here Mr. Mancuso- you and Jack were right and I was very wrong about that C1. It is like night and day.

V

Vivek

Yup-- that's the amazing thing, you can take it anywhere and it can be used nearly effortlessly if you wish :D . I don't think I have ever reviewed the results of a walk around with my Rx1R without at least one "whoa" shot.

Took my Rx1RM2 for a walk in the Saguaro Natl Forest for awhile today. I'm still grinning re: the AF, the viewfinder was great in the bright sun and holy cow, the bokeh.

My Rx1R will be sold off next week.

JT
Awesome, JT!

The only issue I have is with the battery. 50 snaps and it is done. I will have to pick a dozen more of the batteries soon. I am not overly bothered about it though.

Lucille

Awesome, JT!

The only issue I have is with the battery. 50 snaps and it is done. I will have to pick a dozen more of the batteries soon. I am not overly bothered about it though.
50 snaps? Wow, that sucks. I get 300-400 with the Rx1.

It has to be better then that, maybe your battery is already faulty or something.

dandrewk

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, f/3.2, 1/160s, ISO6400, Amsterdam

This is the kind of thing I am seeing in a lot of RX1rII shots - There is a "presence" that I rarely see with other lenses. In the photo here, you can almost feel the light hitting the lady's face.

V

Vivek

It has to be better then that, maybe your battery is already faulty or something.
I think there is nothing wrong with the OEM batteries I have (only 3 so far. So, another dozen would be nice. :grin: ).

It might be best to think of the battery as a 36 exposure roll? :p

Kirk
I am OK with that, Kirk. i still can not believe that this tiny battery powers this camera!

dandrewk

Keep in mind, you shoot in a very warm climate. Go to a colder place, and you won't get quite so many shots.

The m2 has a higher pixel count, so longer processing/write times. It should get a few less shots/battery than the m1.

I got nearly 90 shots, but that was after fiddling the initial setup and forgetting to turn off the camera between shots, in 55 degree weather, with WiFi "on". I'd guess I might double that in better conditions.

It's a good thing the batteries are cheap and tiny.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Batteries take a couple cycles to cure but that's not the word. Give them a couple cycles and see how they do.

Guy Mancuso

Another admission here Mr. Mancuso- you and Jack were right and I was very wrong about that C1. It is like night and day.
ROTFLMAO. I'm not going to say I told you so but I am anyway. Lol

I think a new version is coming Monday. Keep that under your hat.

They also partnered with Sony so in my mind there going to make really good profiles for each of the cams they support from Sony.

That partnership means something

Guy Mancuso

Granted these are mostly snaps from everyone so far but I'm seeing some qualities off this lens and sensor that is very exciting.

Brian Mosley

On the RX1, I tried setting a function button to turn off the lcd but it remains on to display settings along the bottom.

Does the RX1R2 allow you to switch off the lcd completely to conserve battery power?

Thanks

Brian

jim251

"Macarons"

RX1Rm2 @ f/2

Cheap amateur snap. Don't look for softness - there's no way to line these up for f/2... And don't suggest a re-shoot cause these little babies are looong gone...

As for the camera, IMO the IQ is great, overall responsiveness is excellent, focus-mode dial is still awkward + stubborn, EVF is great and the flip-screen is just awesome! Battery life is awful, an embarrassment, and I do believe quite a bit worse than the original RX1. If Sony threw in an extra battery with the A7R2 then they should've tossed in a six-pack with this one. Seriously...

This camera is gonna shake things up in my bag.

Cheers.