The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

Brian Mosley

I think I read somewhere that someone uses an external battery pack to power their RX1R through the USB port. Hardly elegant, but effective if you're planning to be out shooting all day with it.

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

Jim, I think Sony should have provide a few extra batteries with battery cases. I am particular about the battery case because the RX1R II box lacked one since they included the USB battery charger (which doubles up as a case as well). Incredible that they would be this stingy.

I think I read somewhere that someone uses an external battery pack to power their RX1R through the USB port. Hardly elegant, but effective if you're planning to be out shooting all day with it.

Cheers

Brian
Any links, Brian? TIA!

dandrewk

I'd love a small, slotted plastic box designed for the batteries that could compactly store about half dozen batteries.

seb

Great to see all your shots. It looks to me like there are some enthousiastic photographs on fire. That's a good sign for a great camera.
Have fun and thanks for sharing it with us. :)

V

Vivek

A little bit of panning at f/2.5 goes a long way (yes, I waved the camera and got noticed even in darkness! :ROTFL:).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Rx1R II, The Hague

V

Vivek

From a short while ago. The gent on the left is the Prime minister of the Netherlands and the Parliament is in the background (I live closeby and walk by the parliament pretty much every day).

RX1R II, The Hague

frozenbb

From a short while ago. The gent on the left is the Prime minister of the Netherlands and the Parliament is in the background (I live closeby and walk by the parliament pretty much every day).
Careful, Vivek. With today's sensors they'll accuse you of stealing state secrets! ;)

V

Vivek

Thanks, Folks! :)

Tom, I am not worried. I will just refer them to the other thead where it is unequivocally shown that the Zony lens wide open (here ot was used at f/2.5) is soft. :ROTFL:

David, he commutes to work from his apartment on a bicycle (this sort of practice goes back a long time, >100 years). Great country and hope it will stay this way. :)

Jonas

OMG, the bokeh!
(image)
and at f/2 and close up..
(image)
I'm still with the RX1, and have been so for nearly three years now. The bokeh is not news Vivek... some other improvements are news indeed. I wish I had the money to upgrade and the images in this thread, together with the written words, make me think it's a matter of time. Maybe I can sell some Sound Devices and lenses and the car, lol. Congrats to the new camera!

Brian Mosley

I'm still with the RX1, and have been so for nearly three years now. The bokeh is not news Vivek... some other improvements are news indeed. I wish I had the money to upgrade and the images in this thread, together with the written words, make me think it's a matter of time. Maybe I can sell some Sound Devices and lenses and the car, lol. Congrats to the new camera!
Jonas, I've discovered the secret to being able to afford any camera you want... Time travel! :ROTFL:

Kind regards

Brian