The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

V

Vivek

If the AF is on par or even faster than I can focus manually then it really is fast!

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, f/3.2, 1/200s, ISO4000, The Hague

V

Vivek

The built in central shutter is really noiseless (it looks as if the camera makes a soft "wink") and does not create any undue attention. :)

V

Vivek

Kirk, Most of the time I struggle to make a snap that is correctly focused. :eek:

(you would not believe how poor the light is here with very thick cloud cover!)

dandrewk

Your colors and Vivek's are so different – I guess you're using different profiles?

Kirk
I sometimes use a custom color profile by using Color Checker Passport. I've found, though, that the RX1rII often does better using Adobe's standard profile.

The three Christmas shots required very little post processing. I added a bit of dynamic contrast and levels adjustment for full dynamic range. But really, the images often come straight from the camera in acceptable shape. The OOC jpegs are usually spot on as well.

Looking at some of the images this camera can create, on a Retina display, really show what this camera/lens can do. The outdoor image of Union Square was shot on an overcast day from inside Macys (through a glass window). Yet it shows a remarkable sense of light and color saturation. I'll have to go back that same spot on a bright, sunny day to see how it compares.

V

Vivek

RX1R II, f/7.1, 6s, ISO160, The Hague

Sharpness on the edges (hardly the kind of lighting one would use to judge this) is quite good.

V

Vivek

Today there was a bit of sunshine and I could use the cam at low ISO (ie, lower than 3200- 6400 territory). Even with the LPF set to std, it is sharp.

RX1R II, The Hague