The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

Lucille

After shooting with the RX1R II I have quickly come to a few conclusions, and these are for me and my needs, and I know it is subjective. But nothing has changed for me. I feel like I have been shooting with RX1R II for years, because in many ways I have. I don't have to shoot different or process my files different. I am happy to say that the RX1R II has all the magic of the original cult classic and yet brings more to the table. For me this incredible machine is even easier to use due to the viewfinder and flippy LCD screen. I can still handhold at slow shutter speeds, as low as 1/13 with no tripod, I can still get lowlight shots with quicker auto focus.

I was taken back in post by how sharp this camera can be when shot wide open at f/2.

In short, I already love it. The original was a instant classic and back then some 4 years ago I knew I would get its upgrade and have waited. I will probably be in for version 3 when that day comes.

I still have to use this out in the field and on some paying jobs but when I saw this image I am about to show, I knew all the magic was there. I couldn't neccessarly tell that from the review on the lcd screen, until I got it on the larger laptop screen.

This is a simple image of my twin turbo GTO, the car is very sharp considering it was shot at f/2, it has rich deep color and the car pops, all the things which made me fall in love with the original Rx1.

I have no need for the Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 though I am sure that is a fine lens, I'll gladly stick with the tiny RX1 which is so easy to carry everywhere. I like the fact of carrying one of the most powerful cameras made on a daily basis and ready to fire.

RX1R II, 35mm f/2, ISO80, 1/2000sec

My 571hp GTO looks clean in this file, rather it was dusty and dirty..... the RX1R II makes her paint look like glass and dripping wet.

Quentin_Bargate

I spent a few days in Moscow and St Peterburg on business, and took the RX1R2 with me. This was my first time in St Petersburg, and I was there for less than a day, but grabbed as few shots during a whirlwind tour of a few sights.

Here are a few of The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

Exterior, perspective corrected

And a couple of interior shots

First shot was taken with the 10 sec timer, 1.3 secs, F/11, ISO 100, manual focus and exposure

Handheld, 1/100 sec, F/2.8, ISO 1600

chiquita

Great pictures Quentin, we went to Moscow/St. Petersburg in 2006 I had a Canon S3........ I came back really disappointed with the pictures because the weather was gloomy and the pictures were incredibly noisy. I think this was the beginning of my camera addiction :)

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks. We were very lucky with the weather. Sunny and not to windy in St Petersburg for just the one day we were there. Definite candidate for a longer visit as there is so much more to see.

Great pictures Quentin, we went to Moscow/St. Petersburg in 2006 I had a Canon S3........ I came back really disappointed with the pictures because the weather was gloomy and the pictures were incredibly noisy. I think this was the beginning of my camera addiction :)

V

Vivek

I am posting this from a hospital bed. I am scheduled for a triple bypass friday morning.

If all goes well, i hope to come back here in a month or two.

All the best everyone and good light!

Vivek.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
You will be in our prayers.

I recently retired as a Cardiac Anesthesiologist after some 34 years in practice and
can assure you that these days it is a very well thought out process and surgery.
You should do great ... just take it easy for the first couple of months after the
surgery.

Do send us an update when you get home from hospital.

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Regards,

Bob

I am posting this from a hospital bed. I am scheduled for a triple bypass friday morning.

Vivek.
Wishing you the best and look forward to hearing about your speedy recovery.

tbhv55

Vivek.
Best wishes for the quickest possible recovery! :thumbs:

peterv

Take care, Vivek. I always enjoy your photos of my hometown The Hague. By the time you'll be back in the streets it will be ... Spring!

Best wishes from Friesland.

pegelli

Vivek.
Thanks for letting us know Vivek. I hope all goes well and we see you back here in due time, more energetic then ever.

Annna T

Vivek.
I will hold my thumbs for you on Friday and hope everything goes well and wish you a speedy recovering. Come back soon, your street pictures will be missed during that month.