The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

The Ute

Does anyone know why they did not include the option to use the remote commander on the RX1RII ?
I use mine for landscapes and it sure would come in handy.
I don't care for a cable release, or for more bulky after market answers.

The Ute

I'll check it out when I get home later today.
Meanwhile:

Sony Smart Remote Control Update 4.10 Adds Bulb Shooting
Unfortunately I don't have a smartphone :(

Update:
I installed the "touchless shutter" app to my RX1RII.
It works as described.
Only problem is that you must compose using the rear LCD.
And that is not so good in bright sunlight.
Another thing I discovered is that you can trigger the shutter w an infrared remote in much the same way as you can by waving your hand past the eye sensor.
Handy if you want to stand back a bit before triggering.

Last edited:

bipbip

I installed the "touchless shutter" app to my RX1RII.

Only problem is that you must compose using the rear LCD.
Of course! Silly me. That's what I meant!
Well, you're not forced to compose using the LCD, just a two step process activating the touchless shutter after composing with the EVF.
Although I just cover my head with a jacket or cloth to exclude the light while using the LCD much in the way one works landscapes with large format cameras.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Good news if you like to use a ThumbsUp: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Tim Isaac of Match Technical has designed a ThumbsUp for the RX1rII. It fits my medium-size hand just perfectly, and ever-so-much better than the cheap little Chinese one I'd been using.

It has bends so you can reach all the controls – you don't have to rotate it like the ridiculously-priced Sony version.

Enjoy,

Kirk

PS, it doesn't appear on the list on the home page of the website, but it's listed here: Help Page

The Ute

The Northgate Peaks @ Zion NP.
By the way, these are all tripod mounted shot at F11.
1st time I've used the RX1RII w a tripod and tripping the shutter using the remote commander.
Always shot handheld, triggering manually.
I wanted to see the max resolution under best possible shooting conditions.
The RX1RII seems to punish you on Landscapes when handheld.
I prefer this method if the max. detail is important.