The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

tashley

Subscriber Member
Autumn leaf studies: the RX1RII is really useful for these because they require a boom attachment for the tripod, which means you really need a leaf shutter (or an electronic shutter which reduces DR) and you also need a lens which is sharp to the corners.

uhoh7

I have an R2 to use for a while

DSC00367 by unoh7, on Flickr

DSC00345 by unoh7, on Flickr

I don't enjoy using it yet, but there is no doubt it will produce fine images :)
In fact, at 35mm FL, I have never seen anything better.
And first real Sony Raws I have ever seen, too.
Simply putting a distance scale on the lens, focus tab, natural throw, and the ability to start up and shut down without changing the focus....well RX1r2 would be in more bags I think with those simple tweaks. A camera you can zone, then just pick up and shoot, these are basics Mr Sony, and no AF can match them consistently. The rest is frosting ;)