The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LAEA3 VS Canon Adapter?

Rawfa

Quick question. I'm about to get an A7II today and I'd like to adapt a 28mm 1.8, a 50mm 1.4 and a 100ish macro. Am I better with the LAEA3 or a Canon adapter?

P.S - The 50mm 1.4 for Sony would be the SAL50F14...I'm not getting a 50mm zeiss, nor ART and such

dmward

As you know they are different adapters for different lens mounts.
I have both an LAEA3 and a Metabones IV EF to E.

Both work as one would expect. Metabones has done a series of firmware updates that have dramatically improved the IV's performance. With both there still are some lens specific issues.

Brian Smith has done extensive testing and may well have tested the lenses you're interested in acquiring with the appropriate adapter.

Rawfa

Can you tell if these are Sony screw drive lenses?

Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro

Sigma high speed 28mm 1.8

Slingers

Can you tell if these are Sony screw drive lenses?

Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro

Sigma high speed 28mm 1.8
Yes they are, well one definitely is. On the right of the sigma is a clear image of the screw for the lens. It's the only one on there that you can put a flat screwdriver in. Also the top lens looks to have it too at the top but I can't tell exactly as its obscured. When the lens isnt screw driven it looks like an indent on Sony A lenses.

serhan