The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Large Eye Cup for A7RII & Others

gurtch

I am left eyed (right handed) and have always had trouble shielding stray light from the viewfinder of both my A7R and A7RII. I usually end up holding the camera with my right hand and using my left hand as an eye shield. I saw this over on SAR and just ordered one from ebay. I think this will be a big help to me.
Dave in NJ
PS I have no financial interest in this product.
Rubber Eyecup Soft for Sony A7II A7RII A7SII A77MII Cameras Great Video Usage | eBay

gurtch

Thanks Dave! I've been waiting forever for the Hoodman eyecup to be available from B&H. Just cancelled my B&H order and placed an eBay order.

Joe
You are welcome Joe. I received confirmation it shipped the same day I ordered it.
Dave

k-hawinkler

Thanks. They also have one for the A7r which is different from the one for the A7r2. I ordered one of each. :)

cengell

Oh dear - looks like there's no shipping to Holland ... :rolleyes:
Hello all and Knorp, I am the person that has the worlds first Soft Rubber Eyecup for the Sony series. I just found this side, been a viewer for a while but wanted to answer and questions and Thank the people that purchased my Eyecups.

If you still want my Eyecups please contact me here or better on my Ebay listing and I will see if I can add your location so you can get 1.

I will be glad to help you.
Thanks
Christopher

k-hawinkler

Thanks Christopher.
I have one each for A7r and A7r2. They work just great.
I have a question.
What's the reason that the A7r eye cup also fits the A7r2, but not the other way around? TIA

cengell

Thanks Christopher.
I have one each for A7r and A7r2. They work just great.
I have a question.
What's the reason that the A7r eye cup also fits the A7r2, but not the other way around? TIA
Hello, due to Sony having the eye sensor in a different position I needed to have 2 Eyecups and since the A7R Eyecup has more room for that sensor it works fine on the A7RII, but the A7RII Eyecup blocks the A7R eye sensor.

I wanted to just have just 1 eyecup but to make it easier for me I had to offer 2.

Glad you like my Eyecup as I love using mine on my A7RII and A77MII which is the only Eyecup in the world that fits and works on that Sony A77MII :grin:

Please check out my Button Enhancers I also can't live without those on my Sony body's!
Christopher

Red735i

Why does no one ( that I can find) offer round eyecups? The oval ones keep hitting me in the eye..... and when you use the camera vertically, it is worse....

???

Red735i

Bob Parsons

Why does no one ( that I can find) offer round eyecups? The oval ones keep hitting me in the eye..... and when you use the camera vertically, it is worse....

???

Red735i
Carefully remove the eyecup from the plastic frame, put a very thin film of silicone grease around the frame where it's contacted by the rubber eyecup and reassemble. You will now be able to rotate the eyecup through 90 degrees with little resistance when changing the camera from landscape to portrait orientation. That's what I did. You can adjust the angle of the eyecup for the most comfortable/light tight fit.

Bob.

cengell

???

Red735i
Hello Red735i, well my eyecup can be rotated 360 so its not a problem, I was going to offer a round but when I tested 1 I did get light in from the bridge of my nose so I choose not to also the cost was higher because I can only get just the Eyecup in oval and then get just the round rubber Eyecup but I would need to sell it for $45 and I can do 1 for you if you want.

Thanks
Christopher

k-hawinkler

Thanks Christopher.
The eye cups work perfectly for me with the shape they have.
I get no stray light at all. That's what I needed.
Thanks again.

cengell

Carefully remove the eyecup from the plastic frame, put a very thin film of silicone grease around the frame where it's contacted by the rubber eyecup and reassemble. You will now be able to rotate the eyecup through 90 degrees with little resistance when changing the camera from landscape to portrait orientation. That's what I did. You can adjust the angle of the eyecup for the most comfortable/light tight fit.

Bob.
Hello Bob, I am not sure of you are talking about my Eyecup's but you are 100% correct, but I wanted to let users know that when you remove the rubber Eyecup from the black Eyecup frame is does take a lot of pressure or strength to get it back on.

Today when I was shooting outside here in Chicago it was 6 above 0 it was super easy to rotate that soft rubber Eyecup for either for landscape to portrait orientation.

Good idea Bob on the silicone grease!
Christopher

k-hawinkler

Hi Cristopher,

Do you also have for sale a Rubber Eyecup for Olympus E-M1, E-M5, and E-5MarkII, similarly as for the Sony ones?
I really would appreciate having that functionality also on my Olympus cameras. Thanks.