The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Newest DXO Optics Pro & A7RII

gurtch

Hi folks:
I have been using DXO Optics Pro since it first came out. I bought it for it's image correction (back then ACR, etc did not make automatic corrections for barrel/pincushion, C.A. etc distortions. I use several camera systems, including a Sony A900. I have a bunch of Minolta, Sony, Sony/Zeiss, Sigma, and Tamron lenses in "A" mount. When I visited DXO's web site to see if they are supporting the A7RII, (which I recently purchased, along with 35mm f2.8 Zeiss, 55mm f1.8 Zeiss, and 16~35mm Zeiss), I was AMAZED to see 6 pages of supported lenses. These included a ton of legacy Minolta lenses, Zeiss lenses, and third party lenses, many in "A" mount. My wonderful Sigma 12~24mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro, Zeiss 24~70 f2.8 "A" mount, Minolta 20mm f2.8, etc, etc, are supported! Bad news is I had to "upgrade" to version 10 DXO which cost $49. In my case worth it to get automatic lens correction using state of the art camera/sensor in the A7RII, with legacy glass!
I have no financial interest in DXO.
Dave in NJ

dandrewk

DxO is currently offering their software at 50% discount. They usually do this before a new version is on the near horizon.

Quentin_Bargate

DxO is currently offering their software at 50% discount. They usually do this before a new version is on the near horizon.
It doesn't yet support the RX1R2, or uncompressed raw files from the A7RII. The biggest problem I have with DxO is the time it takes them to update the software.

SamSS

Version 10.5.3 build 988 released.
3 new cameras supported
-Sony a7S II
-Samsung NX500
-Olympus OM-D-E-M10 Mark II

--- Uncompressed RAW format of Sony a7R II is now supported
--- Better responsiveness of White Balance sliders
--- New icon is displayed on the filmstrip for images to be processed with PRIME
--- Minor bug fixes