The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 7 rII viewfinder

dseelig

Sony 7 rII viewfinder it seems blurry just got the camera how do I make this sharper. I know talked about before but I cannot find the posts

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well, there's a diopter control on the side of the viewfinder. Have you tried that?
(apologies if this is too obvious)

Annna T

You can also adjust the refreshing rate.
Slower = better IQ : good for still subject, allows precise MF focusing with magnifier. I always keep that mode.
faster = worse IQ but less lag and better for shooting action or getting that decisive moment.

Now don't ask me where it is located in the menu : They are so messy I can't remember. Probably in one of the gears menu panels

Last edited:

seb

one thing that may also be an issue: If you use a legacy lens over a mechanical adapter, you have to set the right focal length for the image stabilisation. Otherwise the image in the EVF will stutter and looks blurry.

Knorp

Are we sure there's an option to set the refresh rate ?
All I can find for the A7R2 is an option to set the Display Quality (High/Standard) under tab Setup/2.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

Annna T

Are we sure there's an option to set the refresh rate ?
I'll I can find for the A7R2 is an option to set the Display Quality (High/Standard) under tab Setup/2.

Kind regards.
Yes, that is the name of the option I was thinking to. And by default on the A7rII is it set to standard, which refresh faster but with less resolution.