The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for a 35min f1.4 alternative

Lamfeihong

Hi everyone, really like the 35mm f1.4 lens that sony had, buy at $1500 is way too expensive for me. Can anyone recommend an alternative with autofocus that isn't as expensive? I don't mind using an adaptor

Eddie3dfx

Hi everyone, really like the 35mm f1.4 lens that sony had, buy at $1500 is way too expensive for me. Can anyone recommend an alternative with autofocus that isn't as expensive? I don't mind using an adaptor
sigma 35mm 1.4 art, but you have to keep in mind the price of the lens and adapter.
Also, the speed depending on what model a7 you have.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It sold but Read the review on it posted in the Sony section. I think it's better than the Sigma myself,cheaper too.

Lamfeihong

Rokinon produces a 35:) 1.4 but it is manual. Does anyone know whether it will spill m work on a Fe mount as full frame?

iiiNelson

Rokinon produces a 35:) 1.4 but it is manual. Does anyone know whether it will spill m work on a Fe mount as full frame?
Aljust about all of the Rokinon/Samyang/Bowers lenses are full frame unless otherwise noted on them. They're usually clear about what is crop sensor designed on the website but the easy way to tell is if the lens is produced in Fuji X and Micro 4/3 as well the. It's usually a crop sensor lens.