The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Firmware A7RII and A7sII

mbroomfield

See: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...ilce7rm2-firmware-update-ver300-win/ILCE-7RM2

About this download
◾ Name: Firmware update Ver.3.00 for ILCE-7RM2 (Mac)
◾ Release date: 18/12/2015
◾ Benefits and improvements: ◾Extends the 4K movie recording time by approx. 20% (*) when the vertical grip (VG-C2EM) is being used or when APS-C/Super35mm mode is being activated.
* The maximum continuous recording time is 29 minutes.
◾Improves handling of chromatic aberration

Bob.
Now why on earth do they have different descriptions posted on different country support sites .... :banghead:

ohnri

Happy to see Sony turning out frequent FW updates.

Now, let me see if I can find my wish list anywhere ...

-Bill

bradhusick

My first attempt to upgrade to 3.00 failed. I suggest not using a USB hub and don't attempt the upgrade with the battery grip installed.

dmward

I think they may have tweeted the auto focus support through adapters.
I have a Fotodiox adapter for EF lenses that I was about to throw away since it didn't really work with any lenses very well.

I put a Canon 16-35 F2.8L VII onto the adapter just to see and it focused quickly and didn't seem to lose contact as it has in the past, even if focusing reasonably well.

The video capabilities are a complete waste for me since I don't do video. But, it seems there are often tweets that don't warrant comment when new firmware is made available.

Annna T

I also had a good surprise recently after updating the firmware of the body and a little before that of the Metabones EOS->FE Smart adapter : when I switched from the A7r to the A7r2, the Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di macro didn't focus anymore. Now suddenly it is able to focus again and the focusing speed is greatly improved with respect to the A7r.

Now, I'm not sure of whether that is the result of the new body firmware, or the adapter firmware.