The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r mk1 / mk2 with ZM 15mm

UHDR

Hi all,

Any one by any chance have had experience with A7r mk1 or mk2 with the ZM 15mm F2.8? I can find some samples here and there on the internet, but none of them are full size nor have any caption/remarks with regards to the corner and edge performance. and lastly, any idea how the ZM 15mm comparees to the VC 15mm mk 3 on A7r mk1/mk2? i know theres probably only handful of people who tried these combinations in the world...but if i dont ask, i will never know, lol. :grin: thanks.

Annna T

Hi all,

Any one by any chance have had experience with A7r mk1 or mk2 with the ZM 15mm F2.8? I can find some samples here and there on the internet, but none of them are full size nor have any caption/remarks with regards to the corner and edge performance. and lastly, any idea how the ZM 15mm comparees to the VC 15mm mk 3 on A7r mk1/mk2? i know theres probably only handful of people who tried these combinations in the world...but if i dont ask, i will never know, lol. :grin: thanks.
There are stickies at the top of the general list of forum threads and "A7r2 with M lenses" is one that should interest you. There was also a thread dedicated to the VC 15mm mk3 where people talk about how it compares to other 15mm included older versions. You should have a look at these two threads, but IIRC the previous versions weren't that great.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Personally the VC15mmIII is way underrated. I love mine and would not spend the money on a Zeiss 15mm.

UHDR

Thanks for the replies! i must admit i missed the thread above. i have already owned the VC15mm mk 3 for some time. There are times i thought i can do with something bigger than F4.5, so i have been toying around with the idea of the ZM 15mm. but i tlooks like it's a no-go for the time being probably until A7r mk3, hahaha. Once again, thanks! :cool:

Hausen

I have used my ZF.2 15 2.8 with great success on my A7rII. Best 15mm out there I reckon, a little large I admit but sharp as a tack.