The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is there a firmware coming for A7r that enable Liveview tethering and Picture Profile

yashima

The A7rII is really a fantastic camera, however for what I do, I don't need all new features, but mostly the Liveview tethering and the Picture Profile. Do you think A7r can have these features with a firmware update, or is there a hardware limitation? Of course whether Sony wants to do it is another matter.

If I remember correctly, A7r used to have Liveview tethering with Capture One back when the firmware was 1.0.x, and somehow this get disable after firmware 2.0. This is quite a shitty move from Sony I have to say.

iiiNelson

The A7rII is really a fantastic camera, however for what I do, I don't need all new features, but mostly the Liveview tethering and the Picture Profile. Do you think A7r can have these features with a firmware update, or is there a hardware limitation? Of course whether Sony wants to do it is another matter.

If I remember correctly, A7r used to have Liveview tethering with Capture One back when the firmware was 1.0.x, and somehow this get disable after firmware 2.0. This is quite a shitty move from Sony I have to say.
There's a hardware limitation and only FE cameras from the A7S on ever received LiveView tethering in C1P8.