The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the 25mm Zeiss Batis f/2 vs. the 28mm Sony f/2 - Round one......FIGHT!

Annna T

These are much more useful if you swap lenses on the same body.
Yes, as is it is difficult to know which differences are accounted by the body and which come from the lenses. In the last set of pictures, the Batis/A7s one shows a warmer hue, but is it due to the bodies ? Or to the lenses ? It is difficult to tell.

All are nice pictures BTW. Thanks for sharing your test with us.

iiiNelson

Yes, as is it is difficult to know which differences are accounted by the body and which come from the lenses. In the last set of pictures, the Batis/A7s one shows a warmer hue, but is it due to the bodies ? Or to the lenses ? It is difficult to tell.

All are nice pictures BTW. Thanks for sharing your test with us.
The Batis just has slightly warmer and more saturated colors... Like most Zeiss lenses.

Lucille

So after all this time with these two lenses, the Batis 25mm is superior to the 28mm f/2, no surprise there. The color I have been getting from the Batis on the A7S has astounded me and has made the 28mm a tad boring. The Batis IMO is worth the cost, and the 28mm remains a very nice option for those seeking a wide angle on a budget. The 28mm puts up a fight, but at the end of the day, in my quest for the best IQ, the 25mm Batis wins and wins easily.