The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GoDOX AD 360 power question

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have a big shoot next week and I rented some studio strobes for my main lights but using the 3 GoDOX I have for background and hair light. I shoot about 1200 images in a day and I think I may have enough power to go the full day. Bringing chargers with me and charge on breaks but I was wondering can these shoot being plugged in like you would to charge and shoot at the same time.

dmward

I've never tried it.
Unless you're going to fire them at full power, the 1200 pops should not drain the batteries completely.
Plugging them in for a little bit of recharge during breaks might work. Not sure how that affects a Lithium Ion battery.

If you're in NY stop by Adorama or B&H and pick up a couple of spare batteries.

When I've used mine for major shoots the batteries have never gotten below 1/4 (one light) I rarely have them even close to full power.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks David I have spares coming but my feeling is I will be at 1/4 power anyway. I'm just making a white seamless stay white behind models for cutting out background easier. So I don't need a lot of power. I'm most like going to shoot at f6.3 anyway for the front lights. Full model shots with Batis 85 is perfect for this stuff