The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Memory 1 & 2 custom settings dissapear

jpaulmoore

Hello all,
I just recently discovered that I can save custom settings in the Memory 1 & 2 on my Sony A7rii. I need to quickly be able to go from shooting scenic landscapes on a tripod to doing portrait work. This saves me so much time and frustration when photographing. Today I checked these settings and they are both cleared! What would do this? Has anyone else experienced this? One source says these settings are only on the SD card, where another said they are saved in camera.

Just a very frustrating photography day in general (I know you all have experienced these) and it all started with my trying to understand and sync my new Nissan Di700A Flash with the Air 1 commander. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Who designs this stuff :(

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.
Regards,
J. Paul

engardeknave

Not Available
Memory Modes 1 and 2 (selected with the knob) are saved in camera. Mode settings M1-M4 are saved on the card. Only the settings on the first page (camera tab) are saved.