The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ZF 25 2.0 vs Batis 25 2.0?

rjp85

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has compared the ZF/ZE 25mm f/2 to the Batis 25 f/2 on a Sony A7 series?

I would go with the Batis, but I'd rather have as many Nikon mount aperture ring lenses that I can get (except for maybe the Canon 35 1.4L II and Sigma 20 1.4 Canon mounts), so they can be used with multiple systems (ZF will mount on Sony, Nikon, and Canon).

There are native lenses that are a no-brainer, like the Loxia 21, and the Batis 18, but if there is a ZF mount that performs the same or better, I'd like to choose the non-native lens instead.

The ZF 25 f/2 would be used with a Metabones Nikon F adapter (non-electronic). I'm wondering about corner performance compared to the Batis. I've read that the ZF/ZE is very good in the center at all apertures.

Has anyone compared the two?

iiiNelson

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has compared the ZF/ZE 25mm f/2 to the Batis 25 f/2 on a Sony A7 series?

I would go with the Batis, but I'd rather have as many Nikon mount aperture ring lenses that I can get (except for maybe the Canon 35 1.4L II and Sigma 20 1.4 Canon mounts), so they can be used with multiple systems (ZF will mount on Sony, Nikon, and Canon).

There are native lenses that are a no-brainer, like the Loxia 21, and the Batis 18, but if there is a ZF mount that performs the same or better, I'd like to choose the non-native lens instead.

The ZF 25 f/2 would be used with a Metabones Nikon F adapter (non-electronic). I'm wondering about corner performance compared to the Batis. I've read that the ZF/ZE is very good in the center at all apertures.

Has anyone compared the two?
im not 100% sure but I assume that an adapter like the Metabones or Sigma MC11 would allow you to adjust Canon versions of the Zeiss lenses. In any case the 25 Batis is an amazing lens IMO. I can't compare it to the manual versions but I'd assume they were pretty close in optical performance.