The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7R with Cambo Actus Macro

felix5616

anyone use a cambo actus with a sony A7R and nikon macro lenses? i am interested in macro work with a sony A7R. what lens mount offers the best solution for true macro work?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Would like to join in here . For SONY A7II family .
Looking for the best extension and/or macro ring solution . Has anyone experience here ? ? ?

MrSmith

wouldn’t it be better to have a lens with a bit more wiggle room with movements? or is it just the lens extension you need?
i use a standard (non macro) 120 apo digitar at f11 and i find this better than a canon 100L macro but don't need 1:1 and beyond so not true macro. the mamiya lenses are meant to be good and not that expensive, the other option is enlarger lenses. not used them myself but the rodenstock 75mm D (duplication) is available in versions optimised for 1:1 use.
i have used apo rodagon 60mm and old nikkor 75mm/50mm and they are very good considering they are non apo and 20-30 year old designs.