The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Useless (or very inferior at least) focus magnifier on A7R2

V

Vivek

Hi,

The truth is that you are spreading bad info...

Best regards
Erik
Time to withdraw from this "august" forum.

Sony fanfoys who spread the "truth" for the win.

Hope you with your 16bit lossless RAW and the Donald succeed!

To be honest no. The only thing I do know is that according to DPR the artifacts that can be seen with the old format at high contrast edges are gone and that the raw digger histograms are much more dense vs. the old format. Practically that's all that's needed for carefree picture taking from my perspective.
However I have difficulty understanding the term "lossy uncompressed". I'm not a digital or computer scientist, but I thought the 3 possibilities that exist are "uncompressed", "lossless compressed" and "lossy compressed". Can you explain for a layman what you exactly mean by "lossy uncompressed"?
Same answer to you as above. Good luck!

pegelli

Time to withdraw from this "august" forum.

Sony fanfoys who spread the "truth" for the win.

Hope you and the Donald succeed!

Same answer to you as above. Good luck!
Vivek, I hope you care to answer my question above before leaving. At this moment I'm still genuinly confused :confused:

I'm not a Sony fanboy, I'm only trying to understand the information you're providing.

V

Vivek

Hi,

Both A7rII and A7II have loss less raw in 16 bit files. That is fact. Truth may be confusing.

Best regards
Erik
Da "truth", Pieter. Get what he is smoking so that the confusion goes away. :rolleyes:

It is a bloody shame that he did not include the RX1R II in that list. I could use that to promote my sale of that cam. :ROTFL:

pegelli

Da "truth", Pieter. Get what he is smoking so that the confusion goes away. :rolleyes:

It is a bloody shame that he did not include the RX1R II in that list. I could use that to promote my sale of that cam. :ROTFL:
Well, that's not the source of my confusion, I'm mainly confused about the term "lossy uncompressed" that you mentioned. I tried searching some for that but didn't find anything usable, therefore my question to explain it a bit further.

Btw, good luck with your equipment sales, I have too much already so am resisting to be tempted. On the other hand I hope you don't sell your RX1R II, since I like your shots with that very much.

V

Vivek

ContaxT by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Contax T: has a Titanium body (truth), the red shutter release button is real Ruby (truth), the Sonnar is real Carl Zeiss (debatable). It is not for sale.

The "16bit lossless RAW" monster behind it is. :)

JoelM

Contax T: has a Titanium body (truth), the red shutter release button is real Ruby (truth), the Sonnar is real Carl Zeiss (debatable). It is not for sale.

The "16bit lossless RAW" monster behind it is. :)
Actually, the shutter release button is synthetic ruby. I had one, awesome camera.

Joel

fotografz

Looking forward to your current "decisive moment" work (pics and not claims) that is not spoiled by the shortcomings of the Sony gear you use. :ROTFL:
So, I take it that you aren't leaving as promised:cry:

Here's hoping you'll reconsider, and keep your word.

V

Vivek

I have a list to ignore for a reason but at times I forget why i have some in that. :eek:

fotografz

I have a list to ignore for a reason but at times I forget why i have some in that. :eek:
So, in short, you can't keep your word.

(BTW, couldn't care less who is on your ignore list … but it sounds like a blessing to me:)

Now back to our regularly scheduled, friendly conversation, about using the magnifier function on an A7R-II …

Lucille

Now back to our regularly scheduled, friendly conversation, about using the magnifier function on an A7R-II …

I was doing some nigthshots and light painting a weekend ago, the focus magnifier is just wonderful on the A7R II, thank you Sony for this feature allowing me to lock in a sharp manual focus in the darkness, a very USEFUL and SUPERIOR feature for those that have a clue on how to use it.