The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The second RX1R II...

V

Vivek

The Sony man called me to offer a new camera. I will have to wait to see what the camera shop does.

Sony will review their farmed out tech shop. :clap:

pegelli

A new camera is the least they can offer (with a new 24 month warranty starting when you get it)

Recently I have good experience for Sony camera repairs with SCD in Deinze (Belgium).

I sent my "dead" A850 there and asked them to make an estimate for the repair (29 € + transport cost).
The technician calls me the following week, gives me the repair history of the camera (apparently that's stored somewhere in there) and tells me which mistake was made during this repair (2,5 years ago in the same shop you used in Bergen op Zoom) which causes the current problem. He also tells me how he is going to fix it. 4 days later I have the camera back, total cost (incl. transport) less then 80 €. Obviously I was lucky that it was a cheap repair, but the service and communication were flawless.

V

Vivek

Kameraexpress (the shop i bought the camera from) called yesterday claiming that they will send a new camera with a 24months warranty that i should receive today.

Did not happen.

V

Vivek

Finally, they decided to post it today and I got a new camera. Camera #3.

This was one of the last shots with camera #2 before it was rendered inoperable by Techrepair:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

I do miss that camera.

It took 3 tries to register the date/time with the new camera (camera #3) and that appears to be holding. I am not sure if it is as good as the camera #2. Will have to run it for a few more days to figure that out. #3 has no light leak though.