Site Sponsors

Thread: Tethering options for A7R2

Post Thanks / Like

Tethering options for A7R2

I'm getting ready for a project where tethering for focus and composition will be very useful.
    Wireless would be ideal but I'm happy to use a cable if that's required.
    I've never had any luck with the Sony apps, probably some mental deficiency here.

Anyway, can someone provide me a link or instructions so I can get it setup.

Thanks.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tethering options for A7R2

Quote Originally Posted by dmward View Post
    I'm getting ready for a project where tethering for focus and composition will be very useful.
    Wireless would be ideal but I'm happy to use a cable if that's required.
    I've never had any luck with the Sony apps, probably some mental deficiency here.

Anyway, can someone provide me a link or instructions so I can get it setup.

Thanks.
    I use C1Pro and Tethertools cabling for tethered shooting. Really makes it easy and straight forward. If you don't want to commit to it as a image processor then the C1P Sony package for $30 is a great option.

There's a software package that you can buy for tethering in Lightroom that costs about $30. The name slips me at the moment but if you Google Sony Alpha tethering I'm sure it'll pop up. Never used it myself but it's out there.

I generally stay stay away from the camera apps. Great in theory but I don't find them as accessible as they should be.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I found the Lightroom plug-in but it was rather basic.
    I decided to try upgrade C1 to Pro for the Sony.
    Just finished some very basic testing and its impressive as a tether interface.
    Live View will be especially useful.

I've had designers ask to see the image on the camera before and its tough with just the itty bitty screen.
    This is much better. Also the ability to focus with the magnification on the bigger screen is great.

With the TSE lenses its about as close to a view camera as I can ask without investing hugh money in a tech camera and back.

I doubt that I'll convert to C1 for everything but its well worth the money as a tether software interface.
    David

dmwfotos | davidmward.photography
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmward View Post
    I found the Lightroom plug-in but it was rather basic.
    I decided to try upgrade C1 to Pro for the Sony.
    Just finished some very basic testing and its impressive as a tether interface.
    Live View will be especially useful.

I've had designers ask to see the image on the camera before and its tough with just the itty bitty screen.
    This is much better. Also the ability to focus with the magnification on the bigger screen is great.

With the TSE lenses its about as close to a view camera as I can ask without investing hugh money in a tech camera and back.

I doubt that I'll convert to C1 for everything but its well worth the money as a tether software interface.
    I only use C1P9 for certain things. It's gotten much better IMO with version 8. Tethering is unrivaled for sure as of today. On1 seems interesting but no tethering yet.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com