The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony (EU) price hikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slingers

The prices here in Australia have been going up every year too due to exchange rate changes. We used to have the best prices now it all seems overpriced.

What is interesting is they usually are in March which is also the end of our summer.

pegelli

Just checked CameraNu, my favourite (internet) store in the Netherlands.

The A7 models have indeed gone up by ~100 €
The RX1R II is in stock and still € 3299 (on July 27, 6:44)

V

Vivek

You have to at least refresh your browser even if you are still shooting with the Minolta 5D.

pegelli

You have to at least refresh your browser even if you are still shooting with the Minolta 5D.
You're mistaken, I obviously did that before making the screenshot. :salute:
Also the price shown on the screenshot above still checks out and on my phone and tablet where I never looked at the CameraNu website before. :angel:
I never check camera shop websites on my cameras, so I don't know where you got that idea from :loco:

ohnri

Looks like it is $3,300 from BHPhoto in the US

I have recently seen open box new RX1R2's for under $3,000

Sustaining a 30% price differential between continents seems difficult to me

Luckily, there are great high end P&S options widely available

Frankly, with any modern gear, I am finding it hard to take a bad picture anymore

Justifying the really pricey gear has become next to impossible except by admission of greed

pegelli

Your link.

Go ahead, try to buy it for €3299!
I have no intention in buying one, but I can go through all the steps until giving my personal credit card details and the price is still shown as in the screenshot. I've seen other internet shops in the Netherlands with the price you quote but apparently CameraNu didn't raise the price yet.

V

Vivek

Even the link in post #3 to cameranu shows the price as€4199. Perhaps you get an exclusive deal that no one else can. :LOL:

The point is that Sony increased the prices in the EU.

pegelli

If you want I can buy one for you at the discount price so you can sell it with a profit with the rest of your gear :LOL:

Slingers

The cameranu page shows €4199 for me too.

The RX1RII is $5499 here in Australia which includes tax. That converts to €3733 and US$4148, so our prices while better when compared to the European price but aren't nowhere near the US price either.

V

Vivek

If you want I can buy one for you at the discount price so you can sell it with a profit with the rest of your gear :LOL:
I will give you some cash if you stop wasting my time by posting false claims. :thumbup:

V

Vivek

The cameranu page shows €4199 for me too.

The RX1RII is $5499 here in Australia which includes tax. That converts to €3733 and US$4148, so our prices while better when compared to the European price but aren't nowhere near the US price either.
Craig, That is interesting. Asian prices appear to be the lowest (as usual). The €700 increase is a bit too much.

pegelli

I will give you some cash if you stop wasting my time by posting false claims. :thumbup:
I can't vouch for you not wasting your time, but no false claims made by me, so you can send me some cash if you really want to ;)

For those of you, who are interested in the RX1R II (I'm not), the displayed price (as of today) is 2.9999,- € (for German customers 2.949,43 €, due to lower BTW).

Anyway, thanks to "pegelli" for pointing this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.