Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 43 of 43

Thread: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

  1. #1
    Senior Member Joe Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    A-mount lives on:

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...9_ii_dslr.html

    Pre-orders starting Wednesday, September 21.
    _________________________________
    Joe Colson Photography
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Why now?

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas/California/North Carolina
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Why now?
    Ehhh... why not?

    I probably won't buy one but I could understand why those with thousands of dollars worth of lenses would. It seems to be a DSLR version of the A7RII with a possible menu revamp, some processing, dual SD card slots, video, and AF upgrades.

    Solid camera... on paper.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    I hope it is not in any other state than solid!

  5. #5
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2000

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Cool camera

  6. #6
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    8,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2000

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Why now?
    Maybe because from January to July this year, 4,547,337 DSLR cameras were shipped worldwide (down 19.2% from last year), while only 1,503,178 mirrorless cameras were shipped (down down 17.4% from last year).
    Things I sell: Stock photography by Jorgen Udvang at Alamy
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    It could be my next camera. But I just looked what lenses are available, they're old... Hm...

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    It could be my next camera. But I just looked what lenses are available, they're old... Hm...
    Yes, the latest and the greatest are in E mount.

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas/California/North Carolina
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Yes, the latest and the greatest are in E mount.
    Over the last year they've updated the 16-35/2.8, the 24-70/2.8, the 85/1.4, and the 70-300/4-5.6. The 70-200/2.8 was updated a couple of years ago as was the 35/1.4 and 70-400/4-5.6. The 50/1.4 was relatively new and the FE mount glass is mostly based off the A mount versions optically.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    I'm interested in how the AF capability of this camera compares to the AF in the e-mount. I would think A mount has the advantage over mirrorless because of the conventional phase detect sensors. Also would like to see if their motion tracking AF has improved too.
    Regards,
    John
    Sony fanboy, shamelessly shilling for "the man" since 2010.

  11. #11
    Senior Member pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Good news, it seems I did the right thing not selling off my A-mount lenses and second hand A99's will become affordable. Two pluses in my book

    "The premature announcement of the A-mount death have been greatly exaggerated"
    My Pics
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Senior Member ecsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tax State
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    I have all the Zeiss lenses for Amount still, in storage, waiting for this body. I will see how the reviews pan out, and purchase it if its good. I still like a larger camera than my A7Rii.

  13. #13
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    I have a long history of using A mount FF Sony DSLRs/SLTs.

    My primary use was weddings from the A900 up to and including use of the A99.

    When I began phasing out weddings while semi-retiring, I switched over to the A7R and then the A7R-II ... both of which proved to be slower and more difficult to use in fast changing wedding scenarios.

    Had I continued with the A mount SLT, I would have upgraded the Zeiss A-24-70/2.8 and A-85/1.4 to the improved newer versions. I already had the Zeiss A-24/2 and A-50/1.4 as well as the fab Zeiss A-135/1.8.

    IMO, the A99 SLT was a near pro-spec camera, and never let me down during intense duty as a primary wedding camera. If this A99-II is of the same quality build, it should be a terrific camera that is fast as hell, and well balanced with
    fast zooms and large aperture primes like the 50/1.4 and longer optics like the 70-200/2.8 and 135/1.8.

    Cudos to Sony!!!!

    - Marc
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #14
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Hi,

    I still have the SLT 99 and the ZA 24-70/2.8.

    Nothing positive to say about either, compared to to the A7rII and the Canon lenses. Controls on the A7rII are much precise, the Canon lenses are well made and sharp. I actually got myself a Canon 24-105 instead of the 24-70/2.8 ZA.

    For me, the great benefit with the A7rII is the short flange distance, allowing a lot of interesting lens choices.

    The Canon lenses are nothing fancy, but well made. The best lens I have is the 16-35/4L, it clearly outperforms my Distagons on the P45+. I had all the Hasselblad Distagons except the 40/4 IF, so I have some experience with that.

    It is nice that Sony makes a new SLT99 with 42MP, but I feel that the SLT line is not where the future is.

    I also feel that Sony should start to make some very good lenses, like Fuji does. That said, there are some positive signs, like the G Master lenses being quite OK.

    I would rather have a consistently high perfomance set of lenses than ZA, G, GM and plain Sony lenses of different and mostly questionable quality.

    I have shot the A99 a couple of times since I switched to the A7rII and I just feel what a clumsy and boring quality camera it is. It may of course be that the A99 has seen a lot of usage and may have some wear.

    On the other hand, I did like the A77 with the 16-80/3.5-4.5 lens. S nice street shooters camera.

    The only Sony A-mount I will keep is the A900.

    Just to say, I don't think the A7rII is the greatest camera on earth, but it does the job and it ticks almost all of my check boxes. Must say, I never really disliked any Sony model.

    I don't think it is meaningful to talk a lot about pro cameras. Lots of professionals use Canon's 5D in different versions. It is not a 'pro' camera, but it does the job and who cares about the rest?


    Best regards
    Erik


    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    I have a long history of using A mount FF Sony DSLRs/SLTs.

    My primary use was weddings from the A900 up to and including use of the A99.

    When I began phasing out weddings while semi-retiring, I switched over to the A7R and then the A7R-II ... both of which proved to be slower and more difficult to use in fast changing wedding scenarios.

    Had I continued with the A mount SLT, I would have upgraded the Zeiss A-24-70/2.8 and A-85/1.4 to the improved newer versions. I already had the Zeiss A-24/2 and A-50/1.4 as well as the fab Zeiss A-135/1.8.

    IMO, the A99 SLT was a near pro-spec camera, and never let me down during intense duty as a primary wedding camera. If this A99-II is of the same quality build, it should be a terrific camera that is fast as hell, and well balanced with
    fast zooms and large aperture primes like the 50/1.4 and longer optics like the 70-200/2.8 and 135/1.8.

    Cudos to Sony!!!!

    - Marc
    Last edited by ErikKaffehr; 20th September 2016 at 09:19.

  15. #15
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Dear Friends: I need to remind you that there is a wealth of superb Minolta lenses available for Sony A mount. I have the A99 and the following Minolta lenses:

    28/2, 35/2, 50/2.8 macro, 100/2.8 macro, 100/2, 135/2.8, 28-135/4, 80-200/2.8, and the amazing 200/2.8. They are all AF and well constructed. AF may be slow and noisy, but image quality is remarkable.

    Some of these lenses are in the legendary category: especially the 100/2 and the 200/2.8.

    Check them out on eBay.

    Roy Benson
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #16
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Hi,

    Technically, the A99 is not a DSLR as the viewfinder is electronic and the translucent mirror just feeds the AF. Modern sensors have on sensor PDAF, so the translucent mirror is not needed.

    Still, AF on the A99 may be better. Sony has an SLT based adapter for older lenses.

    It is probably true that shipment of DSLRs is three times mirrorless shipments but Sony's share of that market is very small.

    Clearly good that Sony keeps the A-mount alive, with two new bodies announced this year.

    Best regards
    Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Maybe because from January to July this year, 4,547,337 DSLR cameras were shipped worldwide (down 19.2% from last year), while only 1,503,178 mirrorless cameras were shipped (down down 17.4% from last year).

  17. #17
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Dear Friends: I need to remind you that there is a wealth of superb Minolta lenses available for Sony A mount. I have the A99 and the following Minolta lenses:

    28/2, 35/2, 50/2.8 macro, 100/2.8 macro, 100/2, 135/2.8, 28-135/4, 80-200/2.8, and the amazing 200/2.8. They are all AF and well constructed. AF may be slow and noisy, but image quality is remarkable.

    Some of these lenses are in the legendary category: especially the 100/2 and the 200/2.8.

    Check them out on eBay.

    Roy Benson
    To add to that ... my photo buddy Ed Richter has a number of these lenses including some so called "Secret Handshake" lenses that were collaborations between Leica and Minolta. Outstanding characteristics!

    One such "handshake" lens of possible interest is the A Mount Sony 500/8 Mirror lens ... (renamed from the Minolta branded one). I once had the Leica R version, but preferred this one because it is Auto-Focus! Plus, on the Sony cameras with IBIS it is also very well stabilized ... making it far more usable than any other mirror, (see hand-held pic below from this lens).

    - Marc

    Name:  Ibis-In-Pond-2016.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  675.1 KB
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Dear Friends: I need to remind you that there is a wealth of superb Minolta lenses available for Sony A mount. I have the A99 and the following Minolta lenses:

    28/2, 35/2, 50/2.8 macro, 100/2.8 macro, 100/2, 135/2.8, 28-135/4, 80-200/2.8, and the amazing 200/2.8. They are all AF and well constructed. AF may be slow and noisy, but image quality is remarkable.

    Some of these lenses are in the legendary category: especially the 100/2 and the 200/2.8.

    Check them out on eBay.

    Roy Benson
    That says it all. Nostalgic value can not be underestimated.

    Guy and Chad and others have bought/sold the legend 200/2.8 and have moved on.

  19. #19
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    That means absolutely nothing Vivek ... Guy has bought and sold everything ever made and moved on
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    You got me there!

  21. #21
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikKaffehr View Post
    Hi,

    I still have the SLT 99 and the ZA 24-70/2.8.

    Nothing positive to say about either, compared to to the A7rII and the Canon lenses. Controls on the A7rII are much precise, the Canon lenses are well made and sharp. I actually got myself a Canon 24-105 instead of the 24-70/2.8 ZA.

    For me, the great benefit with the A7rII is the short flange distance, allowing a lot of interesting lens choices.

    The Canon lenses are nothing fancy, but well made. The best lens I have is the 16-35/4L, it clearly outperforms my Distagons on the P45+. I had all the Hasselblad Distagons except the 40/4 IF, so I have some experience with that.

    It is nice that Sony makes a new SLT99 with 42MP, but I feel that the SLT line is not where the future is.

    I also feel that Sony should start to make some very good lenses, like Fuji does. That said, there are some positive signs, like the G Master lenses being quite OK.

    I would rather have a consistently high perfomance set of lenses than ZA, G, GM and plain Sony lenses of different and mostly questionable quality.

    I have shot the A99 a couple of times since I switched to the A7rII and I just feel what a clumsy and boring quality camera it is. It may of course be that the A99 has seen a lot of usage and may have some wear.

    On the other hand, I did like the A77 with the 16-80/3.5-4.5 lens. S nice street shooters camera.

    The only Sony A-mount I will keep is the A900.

    Just to say, I don't think the A7rII is the greatest camera on earth, but it does the job and it ticks almost all of my check boxes. Must say, I never really disliked any Sony model.

    I don't think it is meaningful to talk a lot about pro cameras. Lots of professionals use Canon's 5D in different versions. It is not a 'pro' camera, but it does the job and who cares about the rest?


    Best regards
    Erik
    Erik ... Agent Provocateur!

    You speak a lot about cameras and lenses, but not much about actually using them. I only say this because application is usually the basis of opinion with most gear.

    You used an A99 & ZA24-70/2.8 "a couple of times" and formed an opinion with "nothing good to say about either". I used both "a couple thousand times", and my opinion differs considerably.

    My choice to move to the Sony A900 for a work-horse, do most anything, system was to get to the Zeiss ZA lenses on a FF camera, and the fact it offered IBIS with every one of those lenses. Prior to that I had used Canon and Nikon. In past, I had also used the Contax ND with its' set of Zeiss optics which is what made me interested in Sony after they acquired Konica/Minolta. The FF A900 used the same sensor as my then current Nikon D3X ... but I found the A900 to be better aesthetically tuned for the wedding work I was doing ... it subsequently cut my post work time in half! I sold the Nikons.

    The A99 is not clumsy for me ... I guess "clumsy is, as clumsy does". I found it disappeared in hand and did its job without demanding much. The articulated LCD is amazing ... it helped me out of a many tight spots.

    As to the ZA lenses, I found they delivered a particular signature that better suited my aesthetic preferences than did the Nikon or Canon lenses. I have no quarrel with Canon/Nikon optics ... they have their own signature. Because of my applications, I place consistent aesthetic look and feel I prefer ahead of pixel-peeping anal-izaton of imagery. It's that consistent look and feel that endeared the ZAs to me. Nice to see them being updated.


    Over 30 years of shooting commercial and advertising work, weddings, portraits, events, corporate photography, street and fine art photography, I've had the good fortune to use just about everything made ... most of them a "couple thousand times". I just did a bit of downsizing to move to a loft, and tossed over 3000 CDs and DVDs and 6 Hard Drives of wedding images!

    In addition, I process images from my second shooter's wedding work with them using a variety of cameras like every 5D made to date, Nikons in all flavors, and so on. I see what these systems and their workhorse 24-70 or 24-105s do. Thousands of images a month year after year. That is what my opinion is formed by.

    I really do not have anything bad to say about anything I chose over the years to do the work ... for love or money. Each had their special attributes and short comings (which you work around in oder to enjoy those attributes).

    I know Canon Digital very well ... starting when I swapped out from a Canon film camera to a crop frame 3.3 meg, D30 in 2001 (seems like a lifetime, but only 15 years ago!). One of the pics below was shot with that camera.

    Since then I've used most every other Canon/L lenses (which, BTW, were also updated as time moved on just like the ZAs); Nikon, Sony & A, E; Contax 35 & 645; Leica M, R, S; Hasselblad V, H, X; Fuji, Kodak, Mamiya in all iterations; Pentax; Olympus; and view cameras like the Rollie Xact-II/Rodenstock/Schnider.

    - Marc

    A few work-a-day examples over the years ... the B&W Triptych is titled "Bouquet Beat-Down", shot with a Nikon D3 that was blazing quick in low light. The other B&W is the 3.3 meg Canon D30 and 85/1.2L. "Lady Of Spain" was shot with the older ZA85/1.4

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bouquet-Beat-Down.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	893.9 KB 
ID:	121293

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Album-16.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	826.7 KB 
ID:	121294

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Album-07.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	684.6 KB 
ID:	121295

    Name:  Overhead-Bride.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  794.7 KB

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	822.2 KB 
ID:	121297
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Old Minolta lenses might be good.. or just not enough for 42 Mpix sensor. Anyway, we'll see when first reviews are out.

  23. #23
    Member Jan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    Old Minolta lenses might be good.. or just not enough for 42 Mpix sensor. Anyway, we'll see when first reviews are out.
    These are good lenses but I agree with you that the resolving power of such sensor might indeed be a bit too much for these lenses. Having that said, more recent high-end CZ lenses (as an example) may be a better choice and they do cover a decent range.

  24. #24
    Super Moderator Cindy Flood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    118

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    That says it all. Nostalgic value can not be underestimated.

    Guy and Chad and others have bought/sold the legend 200/2.8 and have moved on.
    I happen to now own Guy's copy of the Sony 200 f/2.8 and it is an amazing lens. I had it along with the Sony FE 70-200 f/4 and sold the FE zoom and kept the prime.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    The A99 is not clumsy for me ... I guess "clumsy is, as clumsy does". I found it disappeared in hand and did its job without demanding much. The articulated LCD is amazing ... it helped me out of a many tight spots.
    I think it either works for you or not. Every photographer who picks up my A900 comments that it feels clumsy. I guess I never noticed, but it is a different feel.

    Marc, I don't think anyone is discounting your experience, but I think Erik's point about whether the old lenses will hold up to the new body is a concern a lot of us share, and I'm certainly taking a wait and see attitude even though this seems like the body I have been waiting for. Remember when the D2x came out and absolutely destroyed legacy lenses? Everything looked fine with the D200, but the D2x took them apart. I think a lot of the Sony A-mount lenses, even the great ones are unlikely to be up to par. Someone using A-mount lenses on an A7rII could set me straight. Sony has either two or four lens mounts (depending on how you count) that they are supporting. For the past several years they have been supporting the E and FE mounts. By the time they catch up the A mount lineup, if they even bother, the A99II will be as much as relic as the A900 is now.

    The question that has gone unanswered is what is this camera? Is it Sony bringing the A-mount back, or throwing a bone to the poor souls who still have A-mount lenses but is the end of the line, in much the same way that Leica gave us the DMR? We can all besmirch Canon for what ever reasons we have, but I can promise there will be a 5D Mark 6 and 1DxIII in time. Will there be an a99III and is that a risk that I want to take is a harder question to answer. I remember the shitstorm when Canon moved from the FD to EF mount while promising us it was a one time change that would never happen again. Sony went from A to E to FE and now back to A, and gives us bodies with pro level features but without pro level support. Canon and Nikon are actively developing their flash technology and pair nicely with Bron and Profoto. Does Sony?

    In the end what will determine the success or failure of this camera is not its specs but whether people trust Sony to maintain the A mount as a viable platform. I understand that a camera that works today will work the same five years from now. I'm still shooting primarily with an A900, but that doesn't mean I will intentionally buy into a dead-end system.

  26. #26
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Glad to see A-mount getting company. Fantastic specs indeed.

  27. #27
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Hi Marc,

    Hi Marc wonderful images.

    Using the A99 for three years or so and taking something like 10000 pictures with it is a bit more experience than using a couple of times.

    But, it has seen little use since I have the A7rII. So the couple of times refers to the last year. The difference is mostly that the A99 feels big in my hands while the A7rII is nimble. The other is that the A99's rear and front dials feel mushy while the A7rII dials feel more precise.

    Quite probable that the A99II has better dials. I have a bunch of lenses for the A-mount, some are better and some are less good.

    The 24-70/2.8 ZA used to be my most used lens, and it worked decently well on the A7rII. But it had all the time been quite weak at the long end.

    I bought it a decent price, just before Sony raised the pricce to present levels.

    My take is that Sony is something like 30% overpriced and 30% underperforming to the Canon lenses.

    One of the major causes I switched to the A7rII is a bit personal, I wanted to be able to do T&S photography and Sony doesn't make T&S lenses. The Sony S7rII allows use of a vide range of third party lenses.

    Getting back to the 24-70/2.8 ZA, it has a large sweet spot but needs to be stopped down for sharp borders and corners. At the long end it looses a lot of sharness off axis.

    Still, the main reason I switched to Canon was that I didn't want to switch between Canon and Sony A all the time.

    I also have two elderly Contax/Zeiss zooms that I bought for tilted shooting. The great benefit of those is manual aperture. But they perform very well at least when stopped down.

    What I have seen that the A7rII has sent both my A-mount system and the Hassy V/P45+ combo to retirement.

    The reason I don´t post images is that I simply don't feel wen size images tell anything about lenses.

    Here is a link to some images we discuss to decorate some wall space:

    https://echophoto.smugmug.com/KSU/Korridor/
    https://echophoto.smugmug.com/KSU/Spice/

    And here are the ones selected by the panel:
    https://echophoto.smugmug.com/KSU/Choosen/

    The image most liked seems to be this one, shot on the A99:


    Best regards
    Erik

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Erik ... Agent Provocateur!

    You speak a lot about cameras and lenses, but not much about actually using them. I only say this because application is usually the basis of opinion with most gear.

    You used an A99 & ZA24-70/2.8 "a couple of times" and formed an opinion with "nothing good to say about either". I used both "a couple thousand times", and my opinion differs considerably.

    My choice to move to the Sony A900 for a work-horse, do most anything, system was to get to the Zeiss ZA lenses on a FF camera, and the fact it offered IBIS with every one of those lenses. Prior to that I had used Canon and Nikon. In past, I had also used the Contax ND with its' set of Zeiss optics which is what made me interested in Sony after they acquired Konica/Minolta. The FF A900 used the same sensor as my then current Nikon D3X ... but I found the A900 to be better aesthetically tuned for the wedding work I was doing ... it subsequently cut my post work time in half! I sold the Nikons.

    The A99 is not clumsy for me ... I guess "clumsy is, as clumsy does". I found it disappeared in hand and did its job without demanding much. The articulated LCD is amazing ... it helped me out of a many tight spots.

    As to the ZA lenses, I found they delivered a particular signature that better suited my aesthetic preferences than did the Nikon or Canon lenses. I have no quarrel with Canon/Nikon optics ... they have their own signature. Because of my applications, I place consistent aesthetic look and feel I prefer ahead of pixel-peeping anal-izaton of imagery. It's that consistent look and feel that endeared the ZAs to me. Nice to see them being updated.


    Over 30 years of shooting commercial and advertising work, weddings, portraits, events, corporate photography, street and fine art photography, I've had the good fortune to use just about everything made ... most of them a "couple thousand times". I just did a bit of downsizing to move to a loft, and tossed over 3000 CDs and DVDs and 6 Hard Drives of wedding images!

    In addition, I process images from my second shooter's wedding work with them using a variety of cameras like every 5D made to date, Nikons in all flavors, and so on. I see what these systems and their workhorse 24-70 or 24-105s do. Thousands of images a month year after year. That is what my opinion is formed by.

    I really do not have anything bad to say about anything I chose over the years to do the work ... for love or money. Each had their special attributes and short comings (which you work around in oder to enjoy those attributes).

    I know Canon Digital very well ... starting when I swapped out from a Canon film camera to a crop frame 3.3 meg, D30 in 2001 (seems like a lifetime, but only 15 years ago!). One of the pics below was shot with that camera.

    Since then I've used most every other Canon/L lenses (which, BTW, were also updated as time moved on just like the ZAs); Nikon, Sony & A, E; Contax 35 & 645; Leica M, R, S; Hasselblad V, H, X; Fuji, Kodak, Mamiya in all iterations; Pentax; Olympus; and view cameras like the Rollie Xact-II/Rodenstock/Schnider.

    - Marc

    A few work-a-day examples over the years ... the B&W Triptych is titled "Bouquet Beat-Down", shot with a Nikon D3 that was blazing quick in low light. The other B&W is the 3.3 meg Canon D30 and 85/1.2L. "Lady Of Spain" was shot with the older ZA85/1.4
    Last edited by ErikKaffehr; 21st September 2016 at 22:38.

  28. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    It could be that a99II is a 'political' model.........there's mention on the web that Nikon is in trouble and having problems with sourcing sensors from Sony who are starting to close the tap on sensor supply to other makers,..something that had to happen eventually. Perhaps Sony are demonstrating that they can make a 'pro' level body and understand the technicalities ready for when Nikon name becomes the 'pro' branding for their higher level bodies.........

  29. #29
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Green View Post
    I think it either works for you or not. Every photographer who picks up my A900 comments that it feels clumsy. I guess I never noticed, but it is a different feel.

    Marc, I don't think anyone is discounting your experience, but I think Erik's point about whether the old lenses will hold up to the new body is a concern a lot of us share, and I'm certainly taking a wait and see attitude even though this seems like the body I have been waiting for. Remember when the D2x came out and absolutely destroyed legacy lenses? Everything looked fine with the D200, but the D2x took them apart. I think a lot of the Sony A-mount lenses, even the great ones are unlikely to be up to par. Someone using A-mount lenses on an A7rII could set me straight. Sony has either two or four lens mounts (depending on how you count) that they are supporting. For the past several years they have been supporting the E and FE mounts. By the time they catch up the A mount lineup, if they even bother, the A99II will be as much as relic as the A900 is now.

    The question that has gone unanswered is what is this camera? Is it Sony bringing the A-mount back, or throwing a bone to the poor souls who still have A-mount lenses but is the end of the line, in much the same way that Leica gave us the DMR? We can all besmirch Canon for what ever reasons we have, but I can promise there will be a 5D Mark 6 and 1DxIII in time. Will there be an a99III and is that a risk that I want to take is a harder question to answer. I remember the shitstorm when Canon moved from the FD to EF mount while promising us it was a one time change that would never happen again. Sony went from A to E to FE and now back to A, and gives us bodies with pro level features but without pro level support. Canon and Nikon are actively developing their flash technology and pair nicely with Bron and Profoto. Does Sony?

    In the end what will determine the success or failure of this camera is not its specs but whether people trust Sony to maintain the A mount as a viable platform. I understand that a camera that works today will work the same five years from now. I'm still shooting primarily with an A900, but that doesn't mean I will intentionally buy into a dead-end system.
    Understood Bill.

    I think that the A99-II is good news for those that thought the A mount was indeed starting to feel like a dead-end system. How long Sony may support it remains to be seen, but for those vested in an existing A mount system Sony has refreshed many key optics, and now has upgraded the flagship A mount camera. The existing ZA24/2, ZA50/1.4, ZA135/1.8 all hold their own using the 43 meg sensor (I've used them on a A7R-II), and the 70-200/2.8G has been redone, as has the ZA24-70/2.8.

    As far as clumsy, Erik's reference was the A99 not the A900. The A99 SLT was a major design, functional and ergonomic departure from the A900 DSLR. He and I disagree on what constitutes clumsy.

    The lighting industry suppliers are now catching up and finally offering flash options for the Sony cameras. Profoto is supporting Sony with Profoto TTL AIR Transceiver, and a number of companies now make radio controlled speed-lights for Sony's multi-functional hot-shoe ... (I use the Nissin A700i versions now).

    BTW, I do not have a horse in the A mount race. I now only have a ZA24-70/2.8 that I use on my A7R-II when shooting the occasional wedding. I like it far better than I did the FE24-70/4 (which I sold).

    - Marc
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #30
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikKaffehr View Post
    Hi Marc,

    Hi Marc wonderful images.

    Using the A99 for three years or so and taking something like 10000 pictures with it is a bit more experience than using a couple of times.

    But, it has seen little use since I have the A7rII. So the couple of times refers to the last year. The difference is mostly that the A99 feels big in my hands while the A7rII is nimble. The other is that the A99's rear and front dials feel mushy while the A7rII dials feel more precise.

    Quite probable that the A99II has better dials. I have a bunch of lenses for the A-mount, some are better and some are less good.

    The 24-70/2.8 ZA used to be my most used lens, and it worked decently well on the A7rII. But it had all the time been quite weak at the long end.

    I bought it a decent price, just before Sony raised the pricce to present levels.

    My take is that Sony is something like 30% overpriced and 30% underperforming to the Canon lenses.

    One of the major causes I switched to the A7rII is a bit personal, I wanted to be able to do T&S photography and Sony doesn't make T&S lenses. The Sony S7rII allows use of a vide range of third party lenses.

    Getting back to the 24-70/2.8 ZA, it has a large sweet spot but needs to be stopped down for sharp borders and corners. At the long end it looses a lot of sharness off axis.

    Still, the main reason I switched to Canon was that I didn't want to switch between Canon and Sony A all the time.

    I also have two elderly Contax/Zeiss zooms that I bought for tilted shooting. The great benefit of those is manual aperture. But they perform very well at least when stopped down.

    What I have seen that the A7rII has sent both my A-mount system and the Hassy V/P45+ combo to retirement.

    The reason I don´t post images is that I simply don't feel wen size images tell anything about lenses.

    Here is a link to some images we discuss to decorate some wall space:

    https://echophoto.smugmug.com/KSU/Korridor/
    https://echophoto.smugmug.com/KSU/Spice/

    And here are the ones selected by the panel:
    https://echophoto.smugmug.com/KSU/Choosen/

    The image most liked seems to be this one, shot on the A99:


    Best regards
    Erik
    Thanks for the post Erik, and the link to your images.

    I think that your beautiful array of landscapes actually makes my point. Application drives preference.

    When I began applying the A7R-II side-by-side with the A99 to weddings the way I shoot them: candid, swift, intuitive ... it was the A7R-II that proved clumsy, overly demanding, and difficult in comparison.

    The features of the A99 also lend themselves to this type work. Dual card slots to shoot back-up of non-repeatable emotional moments, PC port, bigger battery/better power management,
    more versatile LCD, faster "on the run" ergonomics, better over-all balance when using longer lenses hand-held ... and in my experience with lower light action work, the A99 proved faster/surer AF.

    All of the above attributes are application driven. The closest I come to landscape photography is environmental portraiture ... and that is only occasionally.

    Your experience with the ZA24-70/2.8 doesn't mirror mine especially at the longer end. However, we must remember to not compare the 1st ZA version to the mark-II version Canon equivalent.

    The current Canon and ZA 24-70/2.8 zooms seem quite comparable in specs and close enough in price. I'd select the ZA over the Canon because I prefer the Zeiss signature look and feel, and I prefer the 77mm filter spec because of having so many other lenses that are 77mm ... plus, when using the SLT mirror adapter, I'd bet the ZA is faster auto focus than the Canon on an A7R-II.

    Horses for courses.

    - Marc

  31. #31
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Hi,

    My Canon 24-105/4 L is first generation and predates the 24-70/2.8 AZ quite a few years.

    That said, a friend of mine has a Canon 24-70/2.8LII that did not perform acceptably on the right side on his 5DsR or my A7rII. The replacement he got had a similar problem. The first lens got repaired and performed just fine after repair.

    Yes, it is pretty clear that native Sony glass or other lenses made for the Sony focus faster than adapted Canon, but fast AF matters little for landscape shooters. Accurate focus matters a lot.

    With the A7rII there are a lot of nice options. The Sony GM series, Zeiss Batis, Zeiss Loxia and obviously the older A-mount lenses. With adapters we also have the Sigmas, Canons and Zeiss Milvus and Otuses.

    The dual cards are an obvious advantage, but note that very few MFD backs ever had dual card slots. MFD used CF cards, of course.

    I am not so negative about A-mount as it may appear and I have taken almost all of my best images on the A-mount.

    Best regards
    Erik


    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Thanks for the post Erik, and the link to your images.

    I think that your beautiful array of landscapes actually makes my point. Application drives preference.

    When I began applying the A7R-II side-by-side with the A99 to weddings the way I shoot them: candid, swift, intuitive ... it was the A7R-II that proved clumsy, overly demanding, and difficult in comparison.

    The features of the A99 also lend themselves to this type work. Dual card slots to shoot back-up of non-repeatable emotional moments, PC port, bigger battery/better power management,
    more versatile LCD, faster "on the run" ergonomics, better over-all balance when using longer lenses hand-held ... and in my experience with lower light action work, the A99 proved faster/surer AF.

    All of the above attributes are application driven. The closest I come to landscape photography is environmental portraiture ... and that is only occasionally.

    Your experience with the ZA24-70/2.8 doesn't mirror mine especially at the longer end. However, we must remember to not compare the 1st ZA version to the mark-II version Canon equivalent.

    The current Canon and ZA 24-70/2.8 zooms seem quite comparable in specs and close enough in price. I'd select the ZA over the Canon because I prefer the Zeiss signature look and feel, and I prefer the 77mm filter spec because of having so many other lenses that are 77mm ... plus, when using the SLT mirror adapter, I'd bet the ZA is faster auto focus than the Canon on an A7R-II.

    Horses for courses.

    - Marc
    Last edited by ErikKaffehr; 22nd September 2016 at 12:47. Reason: Spelling correctio

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post

    The existing ZA24/2, ZA50/1.4, ZA135/1.8 all hold their own using the 43 meg sensor (I've used them on a A7R-II), and the 70-200/2.8G has been redone, as has the ZA24-70/2.8.

    Profoto is supporting Sony with Profoto TTL AIR Transceiver, and a number of companies now make radio controlled speed-lights for Sony's multi-functional hot-shoe ... (I use the Nissin A700i versions now).

    - Marc
    Thanks Marc, great information as always. Maybe I need to suck it up and look in to AIR.

  33. #33
    Senior Member pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    These are good lenses but I agree with you that the resolving power of such sensor might indeed be a bit too much for these lenses. Having that said, more recent high-end CZ lenses (as an example) may be a better choice and they do cover a decent range.
    Lots of people say this but I think it's an urban myth. Older lenses will still resolve more on a 42 MP sensor as on a 24 MP sensor. It might not achieve the full potential of the sensor but as long as you print (or output) to the same size it's still an improvement. Resolution is an interplay between sensor and lens, not just sensor or lens by itself.
    My Pics
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #34
    Senior Member pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    For the interested, here's two pictures of the camera, taken Wednesday at Photokina:





    The camera handled pretty good, tracked well in series of moving subjects (they had some moving martial arts shows ongoing to test) and AF seemed accurate and responsive. 12 FPS is a lot of frames. Buffer filled up after 24 shots uncompressed raw, 58 with compressed raw and never slowed shooting jpg. There was no way to put your own card in, so can't show any pics taken with the camera. I guess the firmware is still not final so they don't want to release pre-production files in the open.
    My Pics
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #35
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas/California/North Carolina
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Lots of people say this but I think it's an urban myth. Older lenses will still resolve more on a 42 MP sensor as on a 24 MP sensor. It might not achieve the full potential of the sensor but as long as you print (or output) to the same size it's still an improvement. Resolution is an interplay between sensor and lens, not just sensor or lens by itself.
    Agreed and I'd put the Sony Zeiss 135/1.8 up against just about any other FE mount glass optically. The only real downside to it is the mechanical screw drive focus. Optically, it's arguably the best AF 135mm lens ever. There's plenty of other great glass out there for Minolta and Sony A mount. I used the 70-200/2.8mkI on the A7R (before I decided to sell it eventually) and it was great optically in comparison to other telephoto options.

    The big thing I hope we all benefit from is an updated A-mount adapter that covers a wider range than the LA-E4 does otherwise I may have to sell the 135 or buy the "$3200 adapter" for when I want to use it as intended... If I don't buy one of the newer MF systems and decide to only keep the FF stuff for long telephoto/travel.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  36. #36
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    My buddy Irakly Shanidze is at Photokina and reports that he played with the A99-II camera and found it outstanding. Smaller than the A99 (which he has), even smaller than the Leica SL (which he also has).

    - Marc
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #37
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    When I think what kind of technology has made it into cameras today, from my very first digital Olympus-E1 to this Sony, massively increased dynamic range and resolution, video from one fps to 120 fps, 4K, 5 axis stab., tons of connectivity, take your pick, it is truly jaw dropping.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #38
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Hi,

    I started using the A7rII with the 24-70/2.8 ZA, and it performed well. It was actually better than my Canon 24/3.5 TSE LII. Later I got myself a Canon 16-35/4L, much better at 24 mm than either. Also, much better than my two Distagons for the Blad.

    The 24-70/2.8 is very good in it's sweet spot but looses a lot outside it. At the long end it looses sharpness rapidly towards the edges.

    So it works well in it's sweet spot, but needs to be stopped down for acceptable corners.

    The 70-400/4-5.6G is very sharp, but has significant foeld curvature at the long end. Works well mostly. I still use it and it is a favourite lens.

    Best regards
    Erik



    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Lots of people say this but I think it's an urban myth. Older lenses will still resolve more on a 42 MP sensor as on a 24 MP sensor. It might not achieve the full potential of the sensor but as long as you print (or output) to the same size it's still an improvement. Resolution is an interplay between sensor and lens, not just sensor or lens by itself.

  39. #39
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    If Sony was smart and took both GM lenses and updated them to this A mount. Took there 135 mm and updated it to SSM. Improve there 35 1.4 than you would see a lot of folks jumping on it. My big concern is their lenses and if they are updating them or not. If they actually said or gave us a roadmap it go a very long way in buyer confidence. Their lack of commitment to this A mount has hurt them from a buyers seat. It's a exciting camera no question but I think if they really want sales than make some announcement about the lens future. We have the FE mount and they designs for those GM lenses in p,ace right now, so what would it take to make them in A mount. There new FE 50 1.4 is killer make it now in A mount. Also give us new adapters from A to E that take full advantage of the FE bodies AF system
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    If Sony was smart and took both GM lenses and updated them to this A mount. Took there 135 mm and updated it to SSM. Improve there 35 1.4 than you would see a lot of folks jumping on it. My big concern is their lenses and if they are updating them or not. If they actually said or gave us a roadmap it go a very long way in buyer confidence. Their lack of commitment to this A mount has hurt them from a buyers seat. It's a exciting camera no question but I think if they really want sales than make some announcement about the lens future. We have the FE mount and they designs for those GM lenses in p,ace right now, so what would it take to make them in A mount. There new FE 50 1.4 is killer make it now in A mount. Also give us new adapters from A to E that take full advantage of the FE bodies AF system
    Exactly.

  41. #41
    Senior Member pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    So what would it take to make them in A mount................. Also give us new adapters from A to E that take full advantage of the FE bodies AF system
    It's a nice idea, but looking at the optical diagrams of the GM lenses they have glass elements very close to the mount, so you can't just make them shorter because these elements will interfere with the pellicle mirror. So you'd need a complete new design, not impossible, but a substantial R&D effort.

    Agree with you on the adapters, the LA-EA3 and 4 are far too crippled to do full justice to the high end bodies they will be used on.

  42. #42
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Hi Guy,

    I am pretty sure that the GM lenses are designed for the short flange FE-mount so I think it would need a different design for the A-mount, that has a flange distance making place for the mirror box.

    My take is that the E-mount system uses a combination of phase detection for speed and contrast detection for accuracy. The contrast detection needs very fast focus corrections, so the new lenses use either linear motors (linear USM or steppers) or voice coil designs.

    The adapters, except the LA-EA4, probably just hook up electronics in the lens with the E-mount.

    Personally, I am not that much interested in fast lenses, but that is just me...

    Best regards
    Erik

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    If Sony was smart and took both GM lenses and updated them to this A mount. Took there 135 mm and updated it to SSM. Improve there 35 1.4 than you would see a lot of folks jumping on it. My big concern is their lenses and if they are updating them or not. If they actually said or gave us a roadmap it go a very long way in buyer confidence. Their lack of commitment to this A mount has hurt them from a buyers seat. It's a exciting camera no question but I think if they really want sales than make some announcement about the lens future. We have the FE mount and they designs for those GM lenses in p,ace right now, so what would it take to make them in A mount. There new FE 50 1.4 is killer make it now in A mount. Also give us new adapters from A to E that take full advantage of the FE bodies AF system

  43. #43
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera

    Yes I know Its far more change to flip it to a A mount than a simple task. But it can be done knowing what they know making the FE mount.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •