The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7MkII Ibis Setting Question

scho

i will be using a Sony A7MkII with my pair (24-85 and 70-200) of Contax N lenses via the Fringer III AF adapter. Aperture on the lens is set to wide open and shooting aperture is set on the camera body. Lens name, shooting focal length, and aperture are recorded in exif. I'm assuming that if I choose AUTO for steadyshot setting in camera then it will get the focal length from the adapter, but I don't know how to check this. Any suggestions?

scho

i will be using a Sony A7MkII with my pair (24-85 and 70-200) of Contax N lenses via the Fringer III AF adapter. Aperture on the lens is set to wide open and shooting aperture is set on the camera body. Lens name, shooting focal length, and aperture are recorded in exif. I'm assuming that if I choose AUTO for steadyshot setting in camera then it will get the focal length from the adapter, but I don't know how to check this. Any suggestions?
I did some shooting today with the 24-85 and the Fringer III on the A7II with IBIS set to AUTO mode and it worked well (see the Fun with All A7's above). The Fringer III works in a different way compared to the TechArt. With the the TechArt you have to set the camera aperture to f/2 and then adjust your shooting aperture on the lens. With the Fringer you just set your lens aperture to the widest setting and then adjust your shooting aperture on the camera. There is no need to remember settings for specific focal lengths as with the TechArt. The Fringer is perfect for zoom lenses as you can adjust focal lengths at will without worrying about AF or IBIS settings (assuming you have set the camera to AUTO for IBIS.