The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 21 ZF is now available

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Guy,

You should have never sold the DMR!

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Evanjoe610

Guy,

I guess the 21mm was from the Contax Yashica lineup. Which brand adapter did you use on your camera? How were the other C/Y lenses on the Canon Digital SLR? Did you tried the 18mm, 25mm, 28mm,35mm, 60mm, and 85mm? I tend not to shot with any other lenses beyond the 85mm.

Evan

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well it's a long story . I shot a lot of Zeiss and leica lenses and what some know around here I was one of the grandfathers of the alternate lenses for Canon. I see it still today folks bolting on other lenses than Canon on there bodies. Kind of tells you a story right there but anyway these are from the Contax / Yashica line this was the famed 21 Zeiss Distagon T line. There was some really sweet lenses in this line. The 28mm F2 the 35mm PC which if you can find one at a good price buy it. there 60 macro and 100 mm macro are very good lenses . I think at one time I had a 100mm F2 also that was steller. There 85 1.2 Jahre was really nice. I also shot Leica R lenses and evntually switched to all them and than on to the DMR. But leica hassome real sweeties in the R line the 19mm 2.8 , 15mm2.8 is outstanding, 28 2.8, 35 lux , 50 lux and 80 lux all really good . My favorite was the 180 F2 summricron and also the 280 F4 . Some great lenses in there and if your a canon shooter they all are really nice on them. May have to shave the mirror on some bodies though. the 5D for sure. I used Zoerk adapters don't waste your money, Cameraquest from Steve Gandy made some really nice adapters for the Zeiss glass. Now Son one of our members here made custom ones with adapter thickness to better achieve better results with some of the lenses. I most likely had a cameraquest on this lens. BTW don't buy the 25mm Zeiss was not that impressed by it.