Since you all like Zeiss lenses like hell I link to news a spokesman of Zeiss told the press today.
It's only in German, I will give you a rough translation of the key content.
- cooperation contract between Zeiss business unit photo lenses an Sony will be renewed for another 5 years
- the contract comprises as well a closer joint development and marketing of new picture technologies/systems on the basis of their partnership since 1996
- Sony's input will be electronics and sensor technology, Zeiss' input will be know-how in optics
- contract allows Sony exclusive marketing of Zeiss lenses for still and video cameras
- products of former cooperation mentioned are compact cameras, camcorders, high level bridge cameras and lenses for DSLR's
Two important things are the message
- exclusive marketing of Sony-Zeiss lens designs for another 5 years
- and intensified cooperation work (good, they were a bit slow the last time; with the new contract they will hopefully be a bit quicker with new lenses)
No more detailed information are provided in the article.