The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are we getting all we can out of the A900?

jonoslack

Amen to that. Although I've found the Saint Aubains to offer quite good value (for a Burgundy, that is).
Hi Arne
Where from (mind you, there's good value and good price!)

as for the steely Reisling, it sounds lovely, but beyond my ken (ken is my accountant :ROTFL:)

dhsimmonds

If I could afford it I'd prefer to get my Chardonnay's from Burgundy ever time:lecture::)
Ok Jono, we will agree on White Burgundy then!:salute:

I have some very good French friends coming to stay in a few weeks, I am sure that they will bring something from the Loire. Enjoyed a lovely week on a "chateau crawl" along the Loire with them many years ago now. I couldn't believe it, one vineyard owner was washing our glasses out with good quality wine before pouring the next for us! Happy days.:D

jonoslack

Ok Jono, we will agree on White Burgundy then!:salute:

I have some very good French friends coming to stay in a few weeks, I am sure that they will bring something from the Loire. Enjoyed a lovely week on a "chateau crawl" along the Loire with them many years ago now. I couldn't believe it, one vineyard owner was washing our glasses out with good quality wine before pouring the next for us! Happy days.:D
Ah well, I was talking Chardonnay . . I would always prefer a nice sauvignon . . whether it comes from the Loire or from New Zealand.

Come to think of it, forget all this pooey crap - just give me a good Sancerre :D

Arne Hvaring

Hi Arne
Where from (mind you, there's good value and good price!)
)

Hi Jono, try Saint-Aubain from Hubert Lamy, Lequin-Colin or Louis Jadot. They are all top flight. Last year in Beaune we bought a case of S-A from Louis Jadot for Euro 12,50 a bottle. Quite remarkable price/performance given the quality of the wine. My only regret is that we didn't buy more..

Arne Hvaring

Ah well, I was talking Chardonnay . . I would always prefer a nice sauvignon . . whether it comes from the Loire or from New Zealand.

Come to think of it, forget all this pooey crap - just give me a good Sancerre :D
Yes, Sauvignon Blanc is indeed lovely, and while Sancerre is very good (Henri Borgeouis comes to mind) to get the very best, and in spite of delusions of grandeur and inflated prices, one still IMO has to look to Bordeaux. Perhaps the financial crisis will take the prices of these wines down to earth so they can be enjoyed by true wine lovers.