The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What 32gb CF Card to buy??

fotografz

IMO, skip the 32 gig card in favor of two Sandisk 16 gig Extreme IVs. It's not like you're shooting with a 40/50/0R 60 meg MFD system (I use a Sandisk 32 gig III in my H3D-II/39 because the files are so big.)

If download speed is an issue buy a second FW800 reader and daisy chain them ... two 16 gig IVs at once will be much faster than loading one 32 gig card. I have 4 Lexar Pro FW800 readers daisy chained and use them to download 4 cards from different cameras at once to the same folder ...(to be sorted by time shot in the browser).

I have one 16 gig Sony memory stick in the camera ... It's there in case I get caught somewhere without a back-up to the CF. I've only used it once to make sure it worked. Never had a real need yet. Wish the camera shot to both cards ... that would kill any of the persistently pesky comparisons to the 5D-MKII ... ;)

Terry

If you are buying 8 or 16GB Extreme IVs make sure you buy someplace with rebates going on.

Rebates on both 8 and 16 are the same:
$60 for one
$130 for two
$200 for three

kuau

Workshop Member
Good news. I think, As far as I can tell my 2 16gb SanDisk Extreme III cards I got on ebay are both real!!
I ran HD tune pro on them and I get 30mb/sec transfer rate which is what they are rated.

Steven