The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 First Shots

dhsimmonds

Back in my DMR days I used specific WB presets like daylight very often, because AWB did not work at all - at least for long times.

AWB also did not work great in my D2X. It started working pretty good from my D3.

Now in the A900 as I see so far it works good and consistent, although it seems (in my case) to deliver a bet yellow cast. I will try next the daylight preset. And I will try the grey card stuff, although this seems to be more work upfront.

But in general I would say that the A900 AWB works great for what AWB can do - and AWB will never be right 100%.
Peter I did the same for much the same sort of reasons as I also used AWB successfully with my DMR. After posting a shot from my A900 of some daffodils with blueish foliage,:mad: Jono suggested I tried daylight WB setting for all outdoor shots....it has transformed all of my outdoor work ever since:D

I also use C1 and more often than not leave the colour WB "as shot". Occasionally I find the "cool" look preferable to "as shot". I use default sharpening in C1 and never re-sharpen at all either for print or web work when post processing and re-sizing in PS.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter I did the same for much the same sort of reasons as I also used AWB successfully with my DMR. After posting a shot from my A900 of some daffodils with blueish foliage,:mad: Jono suggested I tried daylight WB setting for all outdoor shots....it has transformed all of my outdoor work ever since:D

I also use C1 and more often than not leave the colour WB "as shot". Occasionally I find the "cool" look preferable to "as shot". I use default sharpening in C1 and never re-sharpen at all either for print or web work when post processing and re-sizing in PS.
Tried this advise and it looks great. It is incredible what this sensor delivers in combination with the lenses. So for landscape work it should be ok for a while :cool:

We will compare it during the workshop with Phase backs - I am interested till which resolution it can hold up :confused: