The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

purple highlights

wayne_s

The ZA 85 has more LoCA than the 135 1.8.
Photozone.de site review for the 85 1.4 has white ruler test shots showing the LoCA at different apertures.

Eoin

Hi , so , its not very useful I see. :(

cheers

james

James the problem is the images are to small for me to even see purple fringing in them (could just be me and my Laptop).

Wayne, I think the 85 is more prone to purple fringing wide open compared to the 135, but one has to consider it's also a stop faster and twice the light hitting the sensor.

But I do think they are about the same for LoCA when the apertures are the same in the Photozone test. But in real world situations, I haven't come across it.

J

Jamesmd

James the problem is the images are to small for me to even see purple fringing in them (could just be me and my Laptop).

Hi Sir , I think you can download the PDF , its bigger

Cheers

fotografz

Wayne, I think the 85 is more prone to purple fringing wide open compared to the 135, but one has to consider it's also a stop faster and twice the light hitting the sensor.

But I do think they are about the same for LoCA when the apertures are the same in the Photozone test. But in real world situations, I haven't come across it.
I've seen it a lot in real world conditions while shooting weddings. White dress against darker backgrounds producing more cyan fringing than purple. No huge deal since C1 deals with it pretty well in most, but not all, situations.