I took my new Sony and my 2 Zeiss lenses out Sunday, very hot and bright. Made lots of mistakes
1. Zeiss 135 is awesome, when i get the focus right.....
2. Depth of Field at 135 is very shallow, more so than I thought. f4.5 will not cut it for faces and hair, etc.
3. I blew out highlights, as you can see in the pics, but it was VERY bright. so will have to watch the metering a bit more.
4. be wary of the focus position for moving focus, something in the frame near my subject moved, and the focus shifted in an unwanted manner.
5. don't try shooting the 135 at 1/30th and f19 that's what happens when your finger accidentally moves the wheel, and i wasn't paying attention! Otherwise, I love the colors. I shot at ISO 320 all day, and found no ill effects.
Amy other insights?