The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-hawinkler

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Santa Fe Baldy Changed by Pacheco Fire

Sony NEX-5N + Leitz Telyt 560 mm f/5.6. The lens is 46 years old! Shot from 30 miles distance.
One can clearly see the burned but still standing tree trunks and their shadows - at least in the full resolution image.
Focus Peaking gave a clear indication when focus was on the dead trees at the higher elevations.
Otherwise I would have been unable to achieve manual focus this good.
NEX-5N has 16 MP, NEX-7 24 MP, rumored Nikon D800, if true, 36 MP - very intriguing!

View attachment 53973

K-H.

pegelli, Quentin: Thanks a lot for the nice words and encouragement, very much appreciated!

pegelli, Vivek, Michiel, Cindy, Brian, K.-H.: Thanks for sharing more inspiring pictures and as well thank you for the information about old lenses, their history and the remarks about restoring them.

Here one more with the humble kit-lens:

"To the Left, Right?"

NEX-5n, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 22mm, f/8.0 & ISO 1600

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

Michiel Schierbeek

@ Keith, congrats :D I was not aware of the fact you needed another camera :deadhorse:

Here are two from a series I am doing in the Ricoh forum but it can be done with the NEX-7 too, of course. A series about shopwindows and its reflections.

Michiel

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Hermann, This photo makes me wonder where they are? A photo that provokes thought is always good.
Michiel, Great idea for a series. Wouldn't "shop windows" make a great thread? These are wonderfully colorful!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

A strange old boat is sitting on the beach at the Sandbar, Lake Havasu City, AZ.
Sony NEX5, Contax CZ Jena 5cm f/1.5 in ltm mount

etrigan63

Hermann, This photo makes me wonder where they are? A photo that provokes thought is always good.
Michiel, Great idea for a series. Wouldn't "shop windows" make a great thread? These are wonderfully colorful!
Dangerous proposition in Miami, Cindy. Shop owners, especially in shopping malls, generally despise photographers shooting their wares whether through windows or not. Most malls here ban photography without explicit permission from the mall office. Get caught enough times and you can be banned from the facility for life.

Michiel Schierbeek

Dangerous proposition in Miami, Cindy. Shop owners, especially in shopping malls, generally despise photographers shooting their wares whether through windows or not. Most malls here ban photography without explicit permission from the mall office. Get caught enough times and you can be banned from the facility for life.
Wow Carlos, that is heavy!
One forbids almost everything these days.
I was once stopped in a mall in Dublin but for the rest I had no trouble in Europe.
Are there no regular street storewindows left in your area? They can't forbid that.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Here is a detail of an artwork of one of our students.
I actually did photograph two days long the work and portraits of 21 students during their final presentations. (Exams)
Lots of keepers with the Sony NEX-7. First focussed roughly with focuspeaking and then fine tune in 5.9x magnification. I can not trust focus peaking alone.

Michiel

Quentin_Bargate

Nice selective focus, Michiel

From our dining room with the Nex-7 and Tamron 18-200,1/25 sec ISO1600, 112mm, F6.3, some NR applied.

Last edited:

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

We went back to Ljubljana past weekend to pick up our daughter who studied 6 month there. We only spent a few hours in the city, mostly nightime. Still took some shots while walking to the restaurant Saturday evening (Iso 2000 handheld :toocool:) that I like:

Just a street

Entrance to Galerija Emporium

The whole building (the 35 I had with me last time was just not wide enough, worked well with the 28 I had now)

Large square

Despite the freezing weather still patrons on the outside terrace :bugeyes:

A850 + Tam 28-200 XR, exif inside

C

combonattor

re: Fun With Sony _____

Hello from Germany! I am new here. Here some funny Sony Pictures:

Regards, Alex

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Cindy! To start a thread in the Alternative forum is not very attractive. Not much visitors.

Another for this series.

Michiel

etrigan63

Wow Carlos, that is heavy!
One forbids almost everything these days.
I was once stopped in a mall in Dublin but for the rest I had no trouble in Europe.
Are there no regular street storewindows left in your area? They can't forbid that.

Michiel
Not really, Michiel. Only on Miami Beach I think. Going there at night can be very interesting photographically but the store windows are usually covered with people and if you loiter around with a camera in front of the store long enough you get hassled.

Hosermage

Here's a shop window with reflection, NEX5 with SEL18200(maybe).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.